3

Remember : No comments. No Updates

And shoutout to Yanna4Eva and Browntyler616 for having amazing books and taking the time to comment.Anyway, back to the story.

Nova

As I let tears fall, I felt a soft kiss on my forehead. The man rubbed my back in circles, whispering sweet things in my ears. I pulled away from him after awhile and wiped my face.

"You okay ?"

"How am I okay ? One of my children basically said I failed at being a parent." I said, sadly standing up. He stood up also, staring me down.

"She spoke out of anger. A lot of people do that. I'm pretty sure she didn't mean it. Now go up those steps and talk to her."

He was trying to reason with me. I guess I could talk to her. I lightly jogged up the steps infront of me. Once I arrived up the steps, I didn't know which room to go in.

"That one."

I turn around to see that guy pointing to a room on my left, right behind me. His deep voice gave me shivers. I walked to the door and took a deep breath. I opened the door to see the kids playing with a whole bunch of toys.

"Leydiana, wanna help me downstairs ?" He said, leaning on the door ledge. Leydiana stopped everything she was doing and got up. She grabbed his hand and they went downstairs. I walked over and sat infront of Jaylani. It was an awkward moment of silence until she spoke up.

"Mommy , I sorry." She said, looking at me with her adorable big green eyes.

"It's okay." I said, holding her face with my hands.

"I wont say those mean words to you again." She stated, leaning forward, making our foreheads clash together.

"You wont ?" I asked.

"Nope, promise." She said, sticking out her pinkie. I locked mine with hers.

"Promise."

Odell

"Okay, what are we gonna make ?" I said, looking at all the food we pulled out. I had all this shit in here cause apparently their momma can cook.

Bet she can't cook like a nigga from Nawlins'.

"I can't see." Leydiana said, trying to look over my counter. I chuckled at her struggle but then picked her up, putting her on the counter.

"What you want ?"

She made a thinking face and stroked her imaginary beard. I chuckled at her acts. Soon, she just shrugged her shoulders.

"You're no help."

I was starving and didn't know what to eat. Since we were doing nothing, I decided to ask her some questions.

"What's ya momma's name ?" I asked, pulling out my Little Debbie's Honeybuns.

"Nova Midnight Star." She said, before taking a huge bite out of her Honeybun.

"She said her daddy told her that he could see the whole galaxy through her eyes, isn't that cool ? But wouldn't her eyes be big cuz the galaxy is huge ?" Leydiana said, with a confused look on her face. I laughed at her again.

"Not literally." I said, patting her head.

"What ?"

"Nothing. Nothing." I said, shaking my head.

"Oh okay." She shrugged, grabbing her another Honeybun. It was her fourth one, so why is she eating so much.

"Why you eating so much, lil bit ?"

She slowly put the Honeybun down and stopped chewing.

"Sometimes we don't have enough to eat. Sometimes mommy will give us all the food and she wont eat. There was a crazy lady at our house and she let men hurt mommy." She said, lowly, wiping her face.

"When did this happen ?"

"Yesterday." She said, wiping the fallen tears on her face.

"Hey look at me." I said, pulling her chin up with my finger. We stared into each other's eyes.

"As long as you are here, you wont see your sister or your momma get hurt, alright ?"

She stuck out her pinkie.

"Promise ?" She smiled.

"Promise."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote

Comment

Sorry I know this was short, but I felt the urge to put this out.