Chapter Thirty-Three [FINALE]: Light

A/N

This is it, guys... The last chapter ;~;

BUT WORRY NOT! For there is an epilogue to come yet that will most likely cause several nosebleeds x'D

I'll also be posting information about the sequel in a chapter after the epilogue too for any who are interested, though it might not be for all of you, which I'd be able to understand.

Anyhoo, that's all from me; I'll leave all of the mushy 'thank you' shiz for a separate chapter. With that said...

Enjoy the chapter ^^

Peace out, my lovely peeps!XxX

(Edit made by me ;3)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIN'S P.O.V

Cracking my eyes open, I release a low groan from the back of my throat, allowing my vision to fill with what, at first, appears to be nothing but a blinding white light. However, after a few moments, the ivory veil fades away to reveal the vague shapes of the people and objects that surround me, though it's difficult to make out specific features due to my overtired mind. Shaking my head a little, I managed to shift some of the blurriness until more things come into detail, such as colour and form.

I'm... I'm at a funeral. Why the heck am I at a funeral? I don't get it; nobody I know has died recently. So being here, staring down at a sea of black clothing and sorrowful looks, sends confusion darting through my head at a painful rate. Don't you just love it when nothing ever adds up? Sighing, I run my hand through my hair, trying to see if I recognize anyone here. And, low and behold, I actually do; within seconds, I find myself fixing my gaze with Kaneki, though his head is bowed, as if he can't bear to break his eyes away from the floor for fear of what lies in front of him. A little worried, I hop off of the slightly elevated platform on which I stand and pace towards him, concern welling within my stomach. Why does he look so upset? So... Broken.

"Kaneki?" I mutter when I know I'm within hearing range, though I try to lean lower into his vision so that he knows that I'm here. However, he doesn't even lift his head; he keeps it hanging towards the ground, fixed with his shoes that look as if they've been freshly polished. This is starting to make less and less sense. "Hey, Kaneki! Stop being rude and look at me!" I snap, though I'm soon dragged out of my attempts to reach him when I notice a flash of black motioning past me, my eyes quickly falling upon Yukio as he makes his way towards where I just came from. However, he instead takes a place behind the mahogany podium, looking as though he's trying his hardest to hold back tears.

"I don't know where to begin. Rin was... He was someone I wanted to protect. But he was always the one defending me whenever I was in a tough spot. No matter what, he refused to give up on me, even when I turned on him. Apart from dad... He's the only one who ever really believed in me. Without him, I don't know what I'm going to do. He was who I fought for. He was the person I always wanted to save. Now he's gone, I... I don't have that any more," Yukio chokes out, his voice rasp as he relays his words that send tight coils wringing through my stomach. What the heck does he mean by 'now he's gone'?! I don't... I don't understand.

"Yukio! I-I'm right here!" I exclaim, quickly running up to the platform so that I can stand directly in front of Yukio, proving to him that, wherever he thinks I've gone, I'm not there; I'm here! But his expression doesn't shift; he merely allows the tears to fall, my chest tightening. He can't see me. Why the fuck can't my own brother see me?! "Yukio..." I whimper, my twin making his way back to his place before he has the breakdown I can see him holding back in front of everyone. To see him this way, even after what he did and said to me, sends splinters of agony through my nerves. Because, whether he sees it this way or not, we're brothers and his pain is my pain. And, right now, looking at him with such sorrow and hopelessness on his face is causing my heart to twist into uncomfortable knots.