Just One Yesterday

(After WS Steve and Sam go looking for Bucky.)

"Why do I have to come he's your friend" Sam whined for the hundredth time in the past six hours. He and Steve had gone out looking for Bucky after he had run off.

"Because i might need a birds eye view at some point in time." Was all Steve would reply, but the truth was that he needed someone there for support and if when they do find Bucky he's dead Steve will need someone to most likely carry him back to his apartment. But that's the worst case scenario. They had been walking for a long time being that they couldn't drive through the narrow alleyways. They had to be quick and quiet or they might alert Bucky and not even know that they had lost him again. It was getting dark out and Sam wanted to go home.

"Sam if you want to go home the go I'll be fine." was all Steve had to say before Sam was running off to get home before midnight. Steve kept looking quietly. He looked for another hour and was about to go home before he spotted someone. softly he walked up behind them blocking there only way out.

"Bucky?" The man tensed before slowly turning around. He was wearing a hood and being that it was so dark out Steve couldn't see his face. He slowly reached up and removed the hood. Gasping he covered his mouth with one hand and placed one gently on the mans face. It was Bucky but with many many cuts and bruises.

"S-Steve?" Bucky asked Voice broken up and barley there. it broke Steve's heart to see him like this. he pulled Bucky into a tight hug and slowly lowered them to the ground.

"I missed you so much."