Chapter 18: Celestial Robbery

{Camila's POV}

The weeks seem to be flying by as the weather transitions from gentle breezes and warm afternoons, to spontaneous wild fires on the sidewalks and tumble weeds being blown by the hot breath of Satan himself...

In other words summer is here and I want someone to make it stop.

"Why does it have to get hot out? Why can't it just stay at a nice, cool temperature forever?" I ask Phoenix as I fix the racks of disorganized CDs.

"Right! I can't stand sweating." Phoenix says as he sweeps up, wiping at the tiny beads of sweat forming on his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Word." I agreed whole heartily.

"And I hate having to get nearly naked just to be able to handle the weather outside." He goes on, sweeping the floors a little harder than before.

"Exactly!" I exclaim.

"And I'd rather lick the streets than have to smell anyone else's gross armpits! Like I can't do it anymore, Camila! I won't !" The brunette boy suddenly grows extremely irritated, angrily chucking the broom on the floor. I look at him questionably, seeing how rallied up he had gotten.

I rush to his side to calm down the clearly heat exhausted boy.

"Relax, Phe! The heat is just getting to you. It's ok-"

"No! No, it's not ok! Why don't people take showers or wear deodorant anymore, Millz? It's not that hard!" He whines, attempting to lay his sweaty forehead on my shoulder. I gently push him away, grasping his arms to keep his limp body steady.

"Get a grip, dude!" I shake him lightly, which only causes him to groan annoyingly.

Due to a problem with the vents, there was zero cold air circulating in the store today, and Phe and I have slowly been dying inside. Lucky for us, our day was pretty much coming to an end, and with the sun going down, it should be getting a bit cooler out.

Phoenix had been pretty quiet most of the day, but I guess it just hit him all at once, cause now he was a mess.

"It's so hot, Mila!" He cries out, throwing his head back. "The light! I think I see the light!" He stares at the lighting above us, reaching one of his arms out while clutching at his shirt with the other.

"No, Phoenix. You don't see the-"

"Don't tell me what I see. I know Jesus when I see him, Millz!" The dramatic boy goes on.

Why is he like this? I internally roll my eyes at his antics.

"Lord, take me somewhere cold, like Antarctica, or a deli meat locker!" He whisper yells to our ceiling.

Before I can respond to his stupidity, the sound of the chimes on the door jingling lets us know there's a costumer.

The sight of the Emerald eyed girl makes us both smile and the atmosphere in the room seems to brighten up.

"Hey, Laur." Phoenix says nonchalantly, as if he wasn't just speaking to Jesus about meat lockers two seconds ago. "It's super hot out there, isn't it?" He asks the raven haired girl, who was dressed in an all white, knee length dress and gray ankle boots.

"I think it's hotter in here, than out there." The girl says, furrowing her eyebrows adorably at the realization. "This place could use some cold air." She proclaims.

As if that was the secret command needed to get the system going, the three of us are suddenly hit with a gust of cold air from the vents above us. We all savor in the sensation cooling down our sweaty bodies for a moment, before the hazel eyed boy lunges forward, cradling Lauren's head close to his chest.