Chapter 7: The Sky Right Above Me

{Lauren's POV}

She actually said yes. Well, shit... now what do I do?

After failing miserably to make a decent painting, I ended up giving up 20 minutes into my attempt and headed to the park. In moments like this, I feel completely vulnerable.

The one thing that I've always been able to turn to, the one thing that calms me down and clears my head, is the one thing I can't seem to take advantage of.

It's like every time I try, I end up feeling empty.

I put pencil to paper, nothing happens. I mold bits of clay into perfect little balls, and then slam my hand down on them as hard as I can. I hold a paint brush above an empty canvas for half an hour, before I chuck it across the room and scream.

I honestly have no idea what to do, but I know that I need to get over this. There's no choice. I have to be able to express myself through my art, it's the only thing I know how to do. It's the only thing I've ever wanted to do.

In my heated state, I hopped on the train and headed to the nearest park.

I began to calm down as I enjoyed the scenery. The way the trees had gotten back the color they've lost over the frigid winter, the blooming flowers, the nice chill in the air. I took notice of all the stores and places of entertainment outside of the park.

It was then that I saw the little music shop, Rasps, that I had visited the other day. That of course, led me to think about Camila and before I knew it my fingers were typing before I could process what they were saying.

Did I actually just ask her to hang out with me cause I'm lonely? That's so lame ! She's gonna think I have no friends and all I do is wander around parks by myself like a dork... which is true. But she shouldn't know that!

When she responses back telling me that she actually does want to hang out... I honestly didn't know what to think.

Did she just feel sorry for me or something? Did I sound desperate? I probably sounded desperate. But then again, she actually seemed excited.

Maybe I was just over analyzing this whole thing.

Either way, I arrive at the destination she wanted to meet up at. I take a moment to look into the green algae filled pond. A few lily pads float along the moving water, as several large Koi fish swim about. All different arrays of colors could be seen, from white with orange spots, to orange with white spots. Black ones, brown ones and I could have sworn I saw a gold one...

Just then, I feel two hands grab at my sides, causing me to yelp in surprise.

I turn around and I'm met with two apologetic mahogany eyes. She holds her hands up as if in surrender.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't think that would scare you so much, I'm an asshole, please forgi-" She stops her apology when she notices that I've busted out laughing. Her face and body visibly relax at the sight.

Had it been anyone else to grab me like that, I would have cursed them out so bad, they wouldn't have seen it coming. I really fucking hate when people touch my sides.

But the second I turned around and met with this adorable puppy dog face, I couldn't help but laugh it off. She was so precious.

"You-" I try to get out once I catch my breath from the laughter, "You are too cute"

She ducks her head bashfully, adorning a toothy smile, and my heart swells in my chest.

"Not as cute as you are..." she says shyly.