chapter 4

Warning: Slight cursing in this chapter.

Molly hadn't left her house in weeks. Lestrade and John had been by but she wouldn't speak to either. She was behind on her rent and only had a week to pay it. 

It was about midnight when she heard Toby meowing in the living room.

"Whats going on Toby?" Molly yawned. Her eyes widened when she saw him laying on the ground coughing up blood. "Toby!" she rushed to his side. Tears filled her eyes as she leaned over his fragile body. He rested his head on her knee and slowly slipped away. Molly cried for hours. Even though it was just a cat it was the last straw. She picked up her dear cat that had been her only company for ten years, and a box. She called a cab and wen't to a pet cemetery. She paid the three hundred dollar bill with the last of the cash she had on her. She then walked to the lab, she knew the back window was always left open for Sherlock. She made the slow climb up to the top of the building onto the roof.

"Well this seems right" She sighed in her small soft voice cracking on the last word." she smiled remembering when Sherlock had crashed through her window and gave her a kiss. He did it in the heat of the moment he didn't really mean it. A suicide and a fake suicide, this building will have seen a lot. She stepped to the edge and gazed out into the city all the cars and lights all the people. It was time she thought, there was nothing for her anymore. She got out her phone and texted Sherlock.

This is not your fault I promise
-Molly Hooper  

'ding ding' Molly heard a phone go off. She whipped around and saw Sherlock's long dark cloak and a very serious look on his face. 

"sh-Sherlock what are you doing." 

"Molly I take suicide very seriously, after you lost your job I knew you would be out here sooner or later. So I kept tabs on your house." Sherlock said

"hmm" Molly smiled "Of course Sherlock cause you know everything" she turned back around. "Sorry Sherlock I'm done" she smiled and jumped. she looked down and was ready when she stopped and felt a pain in her arm. Sherlock was holding her up. She slapped his hand and he let go grabbing her with his other swinging her through the next window. Molly broke the window and landed on her head on the cold floor, everything went black.

                                                                                  *****

Sherlock usually loved hospitals, all the science and biology. The morgue and the smells of antiseptic. This visit was different though. Molly was in a coma she hit her head so hard. He sat in a chair watching her. Her eyes closed off from the world her sweet rose cheeks no longer pink but replaced with a paper white.

"Sherlock this is all your fault' Lestrade came barging into the room "You couldn't help yourself could you? You just had to play with Molly's heart to get what you wanted." Sherlock stood there with a straight face. "This is great you don't even care do you?" Lestrade went on. "You drove her to her edge" 

"Lestrade!" John came running in. "Please this is not the time"

"No John hes right." Sherlock added in. They all got silent

"What no Sherlock this is not your..."

"Yes John it is my fault. Molly had strong feelings for me and I played with those feelings to get access for my experiments."

"You bastard" Lestrade spat.

"Yes I know, its my fault Molly is depressed and jobless, its my fault shes in a coma with possible brain damage. So can we stop pointing the obvious" screamed Sherlock now crying. Everyone was shocked to see Sherlock cry and run out of the room. Well it was official, Sherlock actually had feelings and they were taking him over.