David and Bathsheba

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I was pathetic and naïve and so gullible and stupid for thinking that for one second Harry could actually like me.

“Stop it, stop.” He said as I flailed around and tried to fight him off of me. He grabbed my wrists, but I shook him off, determined not to let him hurt me anymore. “Stop.” He said more sternly, pulling my body flush against his chest to stop my squirming. “Baby, stop fighting me.” He said a little softer and I finally slacked in his arms.

I let out a choking sob and he gathered my hair over the shoulder that his face wasn’t over and turned my chin so I had to look at him. “You don’t need all of this.” He said quietly, gesturing to my appearance. “You don’t need to wear tight clothing or high heels or more make up than I wear.” He chuckled and I let out a small smile.

“I like you for you and not because of how you dress.” He said loosening his hold and turning me in his arms. His hands locked around my lower back and he gave me a reassuring smile. “I like your knee dresses, and high collared shirts, I like your school uniform, and your impossibly thick tights. I like you without all this make up and your hair is perfect without heat damage.” We both let out small laughs and he gave me a bigger smile.

“So can you please, please change into normal clothing that you want to wear so I can take you to our destination?” He murmured and I nodded my head slowly. He pressed a kiss to my cheek before rubbing the back of his hand against his jeans. “You taste like powder.” I giggled and hit his arm.

“I’ll leave you to change… unless you want me to watch.” He said pausing in the doorway.

“Harry…” I trailed off giving him a warning look. He held up both his hands before shutting the door as he left.

Emma stormed in just as I was hauling a t shirt over my head. It was one of hers and it was a soft cream. It felt amazing on my skin and it covered a decent amount of my chest.

“So what’s all this then?” She asked gesturing to my jeans and t shirt.

I shrugged and removed the ten bobby pins in my hair. “Harry said he didn’t need me all dressed up for him.” Something flashed over her face, jealousy? After all, her boyfriend was coming over tonight and she was dressed much like I had been.

“So you do whatever Harry says now?” She asked arching a carefully drawn on eyebrow.

“No,” I disagreed tying my hair into a high ponytail. “I do whatever I want, and it just so happens that he wants that too.” I said moving past her, but she caught my wrist.

“Don’t sleep over anymore alright? Be back anytime after midnight okay?” She asked and I nodded.

I met Harry down by the door again and he gave me a massive hug. “I’ve not yet seen you in jeans ever.” He said as he twirled me around. I giggled and gave him a big hug. He responded by wrapping his arms tightly around my waist again. “Your arse looks amazing.” He whispered before kissing my now clean skin.

“Thank you.” I said tucking my fringe behind my ear. He kissed my cheek twice more before holding the door open for me as we exited the house.

He opened the car door for me and gave me the flower arrangement he had held before. “I didn’t know what to get you, so I got you these too.” He murmured slipping a box out of his pocket. I opened it to reveal two small balls wrapped in purple tinfoil. They were stamped with the specialty chocolate trademark symbol. “I hope you like them.”

I nodded and beamed at him. He returned it with a deep dimple and I giggled as I watched him jog around the car to the driver’s side. We drove for a few minutes listening to the quiet thump of music. I couldn’t quite hear what it was but I knew it wasn’t what I usually listened to.