}{ Chapter Thirteen }{

You watched Ciel as he walked away from you with Lizzy. Lizzy, you thought, what is she to him? You shrugged, maybe you shouldn't have turned Jasper away so quickly.

"A ball tomorrow?" Bard blew out smoke, "She better not have me dress up in that weird baby costume thing again."

"She made me into a bunny!" Finny shouted.

"But you were cute as a bunny." Mey-Rin said.

"And I don't make a cute baby?" Bard turned to Mey-Rin.

You rolled your eyes at them. Thankfully you weren't around when they were being dressed up like that. You walked away to find a duster and ladder. You dragged the ladder through the long hallways, "What the hell am I doing?" You asked yourself as you continued to drag the ladder down the hallway Ciel's study was in. You stopped in front of a large picture hanging on the wall. You climbed up the ladder and took out the duster. What the heck? You lowered your duster, How the hell can I clean a house that doesn't even have dust? You walked over to another picture, still no dust. "All right, I'll clean the stairs or something. That's what maids do, right?" You said aloud.

You put the ladder and duster away and traded them for a mop and a bucket of soapy water. You made your way to the main entrance hall and started mopping the floor. "This is stupid." You muttered. "I should be killing people, not cleaning floors for a thirteen year old."

You continued to mop the floor, not thinking about how you were going to dry it. You were mopping in the corner when you heard a thud and a little boy scream. You turned around, Ciel Phantomhive had his foot in a bucket and was sitting on his butt. You laughed, then stopped, then laughed again.

"Don't just stand there laughing like a hyena, help me up." He ordered.

You walked over to him, managing not to fall on the ground. "What is it that you need?" You leaned down to help him up.

"Is Sebastian back yet?"

You furrowed your eyebrows, "Sir, he only left a few minutes ago."

"He's taking too long, who is that man inviting?" Ciel grabbed your hand. "Honestly, that butler makes me want to-"

You lost your footing as he pulled himself up, you slipped and fell. You heard a breath of air escape his lips as your body fell on top on his. You looked down, his face was a few inches away from yours. You watched his eye search your face until it finally met your eyes. "Sorry," slipped out from your mouth in a whisper. Ciel didn't answer you. You could feel his heart racing against your chest, and his lungs taking in breaths of air. He had one arm wrapped around your waist. His other hand reached up towards your face, removing some   [h/c] hair that had fallen out of place. He drew his fingers to your ear, pushing the hair behind it. The world around you was no longer in existence, the feeling from the night before had reappeared. You and him were in a little universe that the two of you had created. Then the door opened, and just like that, it was gone.

"Young Master? What is going on here?" Sebastian's voice filled the silent room.

"You're late." Ciel pushed you off of him, "Help me up."

Sebastian pulled Ciel up, "Are you hurt?" Ciel shook his head. Sebastian turned to you and help you up, "Are you hurt?" You shook your head. Your eyes were stuck to Ciel, but his eye was looking elsewhere.

"Now that I know you are both fine, would you mind telling me how this happened?" Sebastian looked at both of you.

"I was cleaning the floor and Ciel slipped, then I went to help him and fell on top of him." You bowed your head, "Please forgive me Young Master."