Chapter 15

AUTHORS NOTE: Okay, all this wattys choice awards has me pumped and posting this week and I will support my favorite author katrocks247 by posting more chapters of Secrecy Mine until Omertá wins!! Go follow her and vote!!

The process had been so quick yet it felt so long. Darius had came back after I had eaten and showered, he had me cover my head as he drove out of the estate and hadn't spoken to me. The fact that all of this had happened in and I was already left at my apartment doorstep with the things he had gotten me angered me. It didn't feel fair or right and that's what ticked me off as I changed for work, I found my cell sitting on the counter and went to check it. I had over fifty phone calls  from Robert, Jess, Trent, in the past three days the list went on. What the hell was I going to say.

I dialed the club and nibbled my lip anxiously, at the second ring the line was picked up.

"Hello??" The familiar deep voice answered hopefully

"Robert, it's Marina.-"

He cut me off immediately, "What the hell happened to you?? We've been looking for you for three days young lady, Jess and Trent lost you at the club and all of a sudden we get a man calling us that you're staying with him the weekend? Marina, do you know how worried we've been!?"

I smiled softly at his concern and remembered I had been taken that night.

"I'm quite alright, I was with Ephraim..." I said lowly, he was the last person I wanted to hear about. "I'm sorry, I had left my phone on silent the entire time and spent the weekend with him. Unfortunately, it ended on bad terms and I just want to get back to work." The subject change must've gone noticed by Robert since he went silent.

"We'll talk when you get here. Jess has been covering your spot and worrying sick about you, you're on tonight." I nearly thanked the heavens on my knees as I had finally gotten back to my job.

"I'm on my way. Thank you Robert!" I said with a "see you soon" being exchanged. This was just another regular night. No mafia. No liars. No shooting. And especially no Ephraim.

When I got to the club I was tackled by Jess and whacked around like a bee. She was furious about the incident and had heard from Robert, I didn't blame her for worrying but I wasn't particularly fond of what happened.

"I said I'm sorry Jess, i had no choice. I was basically kidnapped." That wasn't a lie.

Jess glared and turned away, heading to her wing. "You don't show your best friend the sexy man who's been doing you and then let her freak about the random escape you pulled!" She yelled as Trent shook his head at me from the sidelines.

"Are you mad at me too?" I huffed crossing my arms. Trent shook his head.

"No. I'm glad you're okay though, no sicko got to you." I nodded stiffly at the comment and let Trent side hug me. "So your boyfriend came by huh?" He said casually and winked at me.

"He's not my boyfriend. Not anymore at least, I ended it this weekend." I said roughly and headed to my bar wing to set it up. Trent was raising an eyebrow and glancing between Jess and I.

"Wait, does Jess know?" I shook my head a "no" as he sighed. "That explains it. So what happened?"

I cleaned the glasses and stocked up on drinks. I really didn't want to remember that night, more importantly share it.

"That bad huh?" He said and whistled lowly. "He lost a wonderful girl. His loss, You'll find better Marina. Unless he fights back for you." He smiled and winked before heading to his station.

I glanced at Jess who was really trying to ignore me, just then Sheila rushed by me and squeezed me in a motherly bear hug.

"Do you know the fright you gave me young lady??" She rushed out and began touching my forehead and neck and checking me over.

"I'm alright."

"You disappear and make us worry for an entire night, we couldn't even get the police because we needed a 24 hour missing person report. They did not know who they were speaking too, how dare they tell me to sit around and wait." I smiled as Sheila sat me on the bar and Robert joined us, wiping the pitchers.

"She almost got locked up for hitting an officer and correcting his manners." He said with a shake of his head at her.

Sheila huffed and fixed my hair as she looked me over again trying to reassure herself. "You're so lucky Ephraim called, he said you'd left with him after he surprised you at the club."

I stared at Sheila and then at Robert, "He called you guys?" That was awfully kind of him...

"Oh yes! The sweet thing apologized for stealing you away and offered anything I'm exchange for your weekend off. Very respectful!" Sheila praised as Robert watched me carefully.

"You said you two ended on bad terms, Marina? Did you guys break it off?" He questioned and Sheila gasped softly and turned all motherly on me, hugging me and apologizing.

"Yea, no...he did something unforgivable, or at least I'm thinking it is." I shook my head and pleaded with them. "I can't talk about it, he hurt me and I left. I just wanted to get back to work."

Sheila nodded and kissed my forehead as Robert pulled me into a warm embrace which I welcomed.

"You have us, if anything don't you fret." Sheila said and looked behind me, I glanced back and saw Jess with a guilty expression.

"He hurt you?" She asked shyly as Sheila rubbed my back.

"I'll leave my two girls to make up. You have ten minutes by the way." She said apologetically and went to help her husband with the cash.

I stared at Jess as she stood awkwardly, she sighed "well did he?" She questioned.

"I was trying to explain. Things happened..." I rubbed the back of my neck and headed to my bar, leaning on the counter. "He cheated on me." I said softly and heard Jess go silent. I stole a glance and found her glaring and fisting her hands.

"That son of a bîtch! Where does he live!? You tell me right now or -I will hurt him. Who's the bîtch he fücked??" I rubbed my temples at her questions, I really couldn't tell her anything so i had to lie.

"I don't know, I fell asleep on the way back. I don't know the woman girl either so." I sighed and looked at her, something made her soften as she hurried to me and cupped my face.

"Oh,Don't cry Marina...the bâstard doesn't know what he lost. You can find someone way better. Please don't cry" she said as I touched my cheeks and found tears streaming down. I hated feeling anything for him.

I shook my head and forced a smile, "I'm alright. If anything he regrets it..." I said without a thought and began working when a group of customers arrived, Jess was wary of me and kept eyeing me every so often. I had eight hours to go, I could do this. Right? No problem...