Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Almost a month after the wedding, I was sitting looking through a photo album while Aro played with a strand of my hair." You know I've been wondering something" Aro told me and I looked at him." most humans are afraid of us but you were calm when we first met"

" because I knew you wouldn't hurt me, plus a part of me already knew who you were, you saved my life Aro"

" but I also put you in danger"

" and you gave me a chance to live, even if it would kill me one day, your the reason I'm sitting here" I laid my head on his shoulder and he sighed. He looked at the door and before looking at me." I have to go, but I will be back before you go to sleep" Then he left me sitting there. I got up, went out onto the balcony and leaned against the doorway. My birthday was in just a few days and as it grew to closer, I found myself wondering about the girl in the mirror, the girl I could become. The question I kept turning over in my head was ' did I really have that evil in my heart?' I let out a sigh just as Marcus appeared in the door way. I looked over at him and smiled." Hello Marcus" I greeted and he nodded walking toward me.

" I can't help but wonder, is there something troubling you"

" Just a dream, though it seems more like a nightmare" I mumbled and he nodded understanding." you are worried about what the change will do to you" I nodded.

" Once turned, you will change but not by much, Aro will be there to help you as well as young Alec who I have noticed seems to smile when he sees you, though he only sees you as a close friend more like a sister actually"

" he is like the brother I never had, I know I will always be able to count on him, same goes for Jane, Felix and Demetri".

"you have a kind heart, a strong mind and will. Now I know Aro explained my ability to you." at this I nodded." I can see not just see how close someone is to someone else but I can I also see where someone's loyalty lies. I have noticed that as the days go by, your loyalty to Aro grows stronger but your loyalty to your sister will always be greater, so tell me Kira if you had to choose, who would it be"

" I'm not sure, Bella and I, though we may be apart, we are twins and we share something that no one can destroy, I love Aro and I would never do anything to betray him but if I had to choose between them, that is a decision I can't make. It would tear me apart to lose either of them."

"you are much like she was" I looked at Marcus who sighed and I knew he meant Sulpicia. Aro had shown me a picture of her and it was scary how much we looked alike, the only difference being our eyes. Marcus left and I looked back outside, before going over and laying down on the bed. At sunset, Aro come back and I fell asleep to him gently tracing my cheek, my head laying on his chest.

That night I dreamt of the girl in the mirror, only this time she was just there.

She circled me, like a predator does it's prey before striking, her bright purple eyes filled hunger. "Aro is only using you, you know that Kira and now that he has you he will never let you go. Your nothing but a meal to him, and he has set you up like a pig to the slaughter." I covered my ears and shook my head.

" no your wrong, he loves me and I love him"

" face it Kira, your nothing but a broken doll to him and sooner or later, you'll be nothing but a faded memory." she back up and disappeared only to reappear behind me  whispering in my ear." You know it and as soon as he has his fangs you, he won't stop draining you until there is nothing left"

" no, I don't believe you, your lying" I cried and she laughed"  even now, he is planning how to get rid of you but don't worry, once your gone" I looked at her and she smirked."  Aro won't have to worry about the useless little girl, still begging to be saved" .

I sat up and was immediately across the room, curled up in a ball. Aro frowned at me" Kira are you alright, you started thrashing like someone was trying to kill you"

I started crying unable to answer through the tears, Aro walked over to me and pulled me against his chest. He whispered to me soothingly as I cried, but I barely heard a word he said. I was barely even aware of him picking me up and carrying me over to the bed, I didn't fall back asleep that night, to afraid that she might come back to haunt me again. Aro continued to hold me, even after I stopped crying and the tears had faded away.