12

I felt like I was in so much pain from head to toe. I opened my eyes slowly seeing that the lights were off, but the tv was on Nickelodeon and it was on the old cartoon Hey Arnold. I heard Brody's small whimpers. I looked and Roman was holding him in his lap rocking him while he had a tear streak face. Mum and Jacey were in a chair sleeping. I looked back at Roman and his eyes met mine. He quietly got up and sat Brody down. He walked towards me and grabbed my hand rubbing it.

"How you feeling? "

I couldn't move my mouth because there was a tube. He kissed my head.

"We were all worried about you. We didn't know when you would wake up. "

I grew tired.

"Get some more sleep. We'll be here in the morning. "

He kissed my head again and I closed my eyes falling asleep.
--------
"Look she's opening her eyes."

I heard Brody say. I opened my eyes and he was hanging over the bed while Roman held him.

"Sissy!"

He said. I just looked at him.

"Oh love."

I heard my mum say. She came kissing my head over and over again.

"I'll go find the doctor. "

Roman said sitting Brody down and walked out.

"What's going on? "

I heard a sleepy Jacey say.

"Jesse is awake!"

Brody cheered. Jacey then showed up in my face smiling. My eyes went wide.

"Jesse!"

She said kissing my head over and over. I tried moving away but I couldn't. I heard the door open.

"Jacey what are you doing?"

Dwayne is here? I turned seeing him with balloons, a bear, and flowers.

"She's awake!"

Jacey said. He walked over and sat the stuff down.

"You feeling okay? "

I raised my eyebrow. He smiled.

"Just joking you."

He said kissing my head. Why does everyone keep doing that? The door opened again.

"You're awake!"

A doctor walked in front of me. He flashed a flashlight in my face and I closed my eyes.

"We're going to take the tube out, but if she has a problem breathing we'll have to put it back it."

"Will she be able to talk?"

Mum asked.

"No. Her throat has to heal. I would give here ice cream or milkshakes. Something to cool her throat. Stay away from solids and give her fluids to keep her hydrated. I'll be right back to take the tube out."

I tried looking around, but Jacey grabbed my cheeks.

"Stop moving you can get choked on the tube."

I shot her a look. I looked at Dawayne.

"Oh yeah I forgot. I was told to bring this."

He said and pulled out my title. I tried reaching out for it, but pain shot through my body.

"Careful."

Mum said to me. He sat the title in my lap and I looked at it. I looked at him trying to thank him, but I couldn't.