Chapter 6: Morgan, "The Sea Witch"

Atlantis instructed her to wrap her arms around his neck. Up close she noticed webbing on his ears, gills on the side of his neck and scales that covered his shoulders. White tribal tattoos covered his back and chest, "Why do you have tattoos?" she blurted.

"Because I'm an accomplished warrior and of royal blood," Atlantis murmured.

"Wait so you're a prince?" she said, confusion bubbling inside her.

Atlantis nodded, "Aye."

"If you're a prince then why is Kai part of the King's Guard if he is a prince? Or is that a custom among your people?"

Atlantis tensed beneath her, she was about to ask him again when a voice interrupted her. A dark blur of black and green came dashing across the water.

"Atlantis!" a male voice cried out from the blur.

"Morgan!" Atlantis cried out happily when the blur of blue and black attacked him.

Ren gave out a frightened scream.

The body stopped blurring and in it's place was a merman. He had green seaweed clinging to his black hair, talons grew from his nails, green webbing between his fingers and sharp teeth showing through his full lips. His tail however was quite peculiar. Spikes protruded from his white back and merged with his green and dark blue tail. Black swirls covered his lithe body, pale skin covered with a few patches of scales.

"Atlantis, who is this?" the merman said.

"Oh I'm sorry my love," he said to the merman, "This is Ren, my brothers ah, guest."

***°***°***
Flashback:

"Kai?" Atlantis cried, feeling lost. He and his older brother had been playing a game of hide and seek, however the dark shadows frighten him to the core, expecting a sea monster to appear from them. "Kai? Kai where are you?"
he continued to say before bumping into the wall of a cove. He had never ventured this far out if his kingdom, nor did he know how to go back.

"Who are you looking for?" a voice said from the depths of an undersea cave.

Atlantis clutched his spear tightly, "Who are you? Show yourself!"

"As you wish," the voice said. Atlantis held his spear in front of him.

From the shadows emerged another merboy. Atlantis's eyes widened in awe, letting his spear fall to the side, "Who are you?" he said breathlessly. The boy's black hair fell past his shoulders, seaweed intertwined in his hair and patches of scales prominent on his torso.

The strange boy squirmed under his gaze, "My name is Morgan."

Atlantis inched closer to him till they were nearly two feet apart, "My name is Atlantis," he said with a smile, extending his hand.

Morgan's eyes widened, "Your highness!" he said giving him a deep bow.

Atlantis gasped slightly, "Don't bow," he whispered.

Morgan straightened, his head still bent, "I'm sorry."

Atlantis felt something stir in his heart. Reaching out he lightly grasped his chin tilting it to where he could see his green eyes with vertical pupils, "Why are you apologizing?"

Morgan pulled away in horror, "No your highness! You shouldn't touch me!" he backed away.

"Please stay," Atlantis begged. He didn't want to lose the mysterious stranger.

"But I'll hurt you," Morgan said quietly, holding his hands close to his chest.

"No you won't!" he flexed his skinny arms, "I'm tough!"

A giggle came from the boy, flashing his razor sharp teeth, "You're skinny!"

Atlantis pouted, "Well when I'm older I will become the best warrior! Second to the king of course."

Morgan grinned, a soft blue glow emanating from his peculiar form.

"Friends?" Atlantis said sticking his hand out.

Slender fingers intertwined with his, "Friends."

*******

"Morgan, we need your help," Atlantis said as he guided him beneath the ocean, leaving Ren in the cove.

"What is it darling?" Morgan spoke, kissing his cheek. Atlantis looked at the love of his life, he'd known Morgan since they were both children. However he'd never realize that one day they would become lovers. Morgan had spent his entire life secluded in his cove because of his abnormal appearance and unusual talents.

Atlantis sighed softly, "It's my brother, he needs to be married ten suns from now."

Morgan chuckled, "He's a good man, your brother. But I'm not sure how I'm supposed to help, perhaps something to do with Ren?"

Atlantis nodded and grinned, "I'm going to convince my brother to hold a ball tomorrow after sundown. I want to bring Ren in disguise. He won't notice she is gone because he'll be busy."

Morgan grinned, his shark like teeth showing through, "Oh I know what you're planning... And I like it."

Atlantis placed a quick kiss on his lips, "Thank you."

Morgan giggled slightly, "One condition, I want more kisses."

"Which I will happily oblige," Atlantis murmured, nibbling his ear before placing a long and passionate one on Morgan's lips.

_______________________

Woo! And I'm back in Action! I will continue to publish chapters at least once a week. Or perhaps even more cx but because you readers have waited patiently. I'm doing a double post! ^.^ So what do you guys thing of Atlantis and Morgan? Post comments of your opinion! I really enjoy them.