Chapter 18

Kai reached for his sword as Atlantis held his spear, "We can hide in the coral and kill the king when he least suspects it."

Atlantis nodded and just as he was a about to leave, a spear was thrown and scratched his arm. His brother winced before turning to look at the direction of the spear before he turned as well. Kai's eyes landed on an elderly but strong merman.

"You didn't think I knew of your plan of a surprise attack?"

*****
Ren slipped into the Blue Coral, moving at the pace of a snail as she tried to resemble a bundle of seaweed. She pulled seaweed from her face as her eyes darted about until they landed on Kai's familiar form, but what she saw made her gasp.

She watched Kai growl low in his throat as his body began to glow with a deep green light. The green scales of his tail sharpened into points and grew over his back, torso, and arms. His ears began to protrude from his hair, green webbing aligning on the tips. Call her weird but she couldn't help drool over Kai's six pack that flexed as he moved.
"Yet, like the coward you are, you come to kill me with your army and try to steal my throne," Kai growled, his shark like teeth flashing.

Morgan gasped as well, "He's in his true form."

Ren looked at the sea witch, "What does that mean? Is that how he truly looks like?"

Morgan nodded, "It's only inherited to those who are truly meant to rule the throne. The true blood of royalty. Every king or queen from the seven kingdoms have a true form like Kai."

The Diamond King let out a nervous laugh, "Give me credit, I have an army while you have your powers."

"Powers that are rightfully mine because my blood is truly royal. Unlike you, a simpleton who usurped the Diamond throne. Your son is the true king," Kai said as he took out his blade, his magic activating the sword to life, the metal glowing a deep shade of green.

Ren looked at Morgan, "Isn't he the true king?"

He shook his head, "Destan's mother and Kai's mother were sisters, both from the Diamond Kingdom and the only children of the previous Diamond King. Kai's mother was the oldest and was supposed to marry Destan's father but she married Kai's father out of love and left the throne to Destan's mother. Destan was to take the throne once he came of age."

Ren looked at him in awe, "So they're cousins?"

Morgan nods, "Kai always knew but Destan never did."

They both watched as the coward called out for his army and the brothers braced themselves for the mermen to come from all sides.

Ren opened her mouth to scream when Morgan's hand covered her mouth.

****
Destan absentmindedly rubbed his throbbing side as he made his way back to the Blue Coral with a few of his own loyal soldiers, even the two guards that had tried to capture him earlier. He had told them what was truly happening, a war that would have dire consequences if they didn't arrive sooner.

"Prince Destan, look," one merman, Cornelius, said as he approached his side with a sword strapped to his side.

Destan's eyes widened at the sight. Two armies were standing outside the Blue Coral, still but filled with tension that was thick in the water.

He made his way towards the Diamond army, taking the stance of a strong and commanding prince, "What is going on here?" he bellowed.

"War, you're royal highness," the soldier spoke, his eyes trained on the army in front of them, the Emerald Army's armor glinting with the sunlight that filtered through the ocean.

"There is no war," Destan said, "Return back to the kingdom." 

"But your Royal High-" the solider was about to say before being interrupted by Cornelius.

"Do as Prince Destan says," the merman commanded. The soldier nodded and swam away along with the rest of the army.

Prince Destan glanced at the Emerald Army, "I will not tell you what to do, but my kingdom will not declare war," he spoke before he made his way towards the Blue Coral, following the sounds of clashing swords. He quickened his pace, his eyes suddenly landing on two figures. One a blur of green, black, and white. The other one, his father. Their swords clashed against one another until the green blue stopped. Destan felt his eyes widen, the Emerald King was in his true Emerald form. He was standing upright without even a hint of exhaustion while his father tried to catch his breath.

"Father, what have you done?" Destan growled.

"My son! I hope you have changed your mind and have come to take that is truly destined to be yours," his father Oneroius, spoke.

Destan's fingers wrapped around the hilt of his sword, "Actually father," he said, feeling a sudden surge of power inside him, "I challenge you to a Rhumakto."

****
She hated this feeling. The feeling of helplessness and the complete ignorance of what was going on.

It wasn't until that Destan entered the area that she began to worry.

"What does Rhumakto mean?" she asked Morgan whose pale features now resembled white chalk.

"It's a fight for the throne, a fight to the death," he whispered.

Ren's own heart nearly stopped, "That means Destan will kill his father."

The sound of sword and spears clashing against one another bought her attention. It looked like a fight straight from a movie, however Destan's fighting skills were far beneath Kai's, whose panty dropping form moved with fluid grace.

She shook her head as she tried to get rid of Kai's body from her thoughts, Ren had to focus at the scene before her.

Destan was having a strange glow about him, his white blonde hair waving about him like an avenging angel. Ren moved her eyes from Destan and focused on the Diamond King. His cold blue eyes held only fear as Destan's sword broke his into small pieces. The king raised his hands in defeat, his metal spear still in hand, "I surrender my throne to you," he murmured, his eyes trained on Kai's. Ren's body moved before her mind could comprehend was about to happen. Her body barreled into Kai's arms, "Kai!" she cried.

Her King's serious gaze turned into one of a smile but frowned at the frightened expression on her features.

A sudden stab of pain pierced her back and spread towards the front, "Kai..." she struggled to say.

The Emerald King's own eyes widened, "Ren!"

Ren glanced down where blood was slowly seeping from her stomach. Her hands clenching the spear that protruded from pale skin.

Vote & Comment!