Levi Ackerman - The Night of

February 8, 2011~

Levi's P.O.V~

After having taken a tour of my house, Hanji and Berner took me to the police station to question me. The detectives then made me sit alone in a small room which dangerously resembled the set of a crime show I had recently watched. Taking a deep breath, I willed myself to calm down.

I tapped the floor with my feet and waited for the detectives to return. "Oh, come on! Just get this over with!", I grumbled softly to myself. I slumped on the wooden table and rested my chin on my arm, exhaling a long sigh due to immense boredom.

The two detectives finally entered the room after fifty long minutes. Still slouching on the table, I gazed at Hanji who was carrying and casually sipping from a paper coffee cup. She looked like a typical tv show detective, something that I found rather amusing. I felt like laughing at her, but I restrained myself, not wanting to raise any suspicion.

The female detective raised an eyebrow as she sat across from me. "Are you alright there, Mr Ackerman...?"

"Yes, I am.", I mumbled, straightening up. "Why?"

"You're smiling at me...", Hanji whispered as she leaned in. "It's kinda creepy..."

"Oh..." The smirk vanished from my face. "I...I..."

'What are you doing, you idiot?!', I chided myself.

"I'm sorry, Detective...", I apologized, nervously running a hand though my hair. "It's just that this whole situation is..."

"I know, Mr Ackerman...", Hanji said softly. "It must seem peculiar to you. But, Sir, we need you to calm down before we start, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Alright." The detective cleared her throat and continued, "If your husband IS indeed abducted, we need to find the one who did it and nail him down as soon as possible. And in order to do so, we must first rule you out as a suspect. You understand what I'm sayin', Mr Ackerman?"

I nodded. "We don't want you to freak out.", Berner added, pulling up a chair and sitting on it backwards. "We're just doing what is necessary."

"I understand.", I said, trying to sound cooperative. 'It's obvious that they're suspecting me.', I thought to myself. 'Then why won't they just say it?'

"We would like you to submit to some preliminary tests too...", Hanji resumed. "...like swabbing the inside of your cheek and testing your hands for gunshot residue. Is tha-"

"Gunshot residue?! Do you have a reason to believe that my husband was shot?!"

"Nonononono!", Hanji said, violently shaking her head. "It's just standard procedure. We're trying to cover up every base. "

"Oh, okay." Damn it! He wasn't shot...

Hanji and Berner then made some small talk with me about how I met Eren while they checked my hands for gunshot residue and swabbed my cheek.

"That's done!", Hanji chirped as she handed me a cup of coffee, then sat on top of the wooden table.

"Now... We need to ask you a few questions if that's alright.", Berner said as he took out a tape recorder from his coat pocket and shook it in his hand.

"It's completely fine.", I mumbled. "Fire away..."

Berner nodded. He turned on the tape recorder and settled it in front of me on the table. "So: Eren...", Hanji began. "How long have you two been married?"

"Five years.", I informed, eyeing the tape recorder.

"And he is originally from New York?"

"New York, City.", I corrected and nodded.