Picture Me, Love. I'm Waiting For You...

February 8, 2011~

Levi's P.O.V~

I decided to call the police. After having done that I trudged out on the front porch and sat down on the topmost step. I looked up to see dark clouds forming in the sky.

'It's gonna start raining pretty soon.', I thought to myself.

I tried calling Eren on his cell, but the stupid thing kept going to voice mail, the recording promising me that he'd call me as soon as possible. It had been two hours and I'd already left six messages to him, but he hadn't phoned me even once. Well, I didn't expect him to anyway...

I groaned as I looked back to gaze at the scene in the living room, all the signs pointing to a brutal struggle. It was less likely that Eren survived. But what if he had?  It was obvious that Eren wasn't the kind of person who gave up easily. He determinedly fought back no matter how hopeless a situation might be. 

"Shit!", I cursed under my breath as the realization hit me. I had never desired someones death so much. I am a monster, I thought to myself. Just like my father...  

My thoughts were disrupted by the sound of a car engine. I looked up to see a police car being rolled up in front of my house. I slowly arose from the step as two police officers got out of their car at a casual pace, as if they were dropping by a neighborhood picnic.

They're quite young, I noted as they approached me. They were more likely to investigate small and petty crimes rather than potential kidnappings or murders.

The girl on the right had short, blond hair which was parted down the middle. I would have mistaken her for a man had I not noticed her small breasts. The tall and sinewy man walking beside her had short, blond hair as well with bangs covering his forehead.

"Umm...Mr Levi Ackerman? I'm Officer Nanaba.", said the girl, introducing herself. "and this is Office Zakarius. We understand that you're concerned about your husband, Eren Ackerman?" At the same time Officer Zakarius, or whatever his name was, took a few steps in my direction and started sniffing me.

"Huh...?", I jumped back and shot a murderous look at Officer Nanaba. "What the fuck is your partner doing?!"

"I'm sorry, Sir... But Zakarius has a habit of sniffing people. I advise you to not take it personally.", Nanaba said and offered me a half smile.

After a few seconds, Officer Zakarius pulled back and scrunched up his nose as if not liking what he had smelt. He turned his head to look at Officer Nanaba and shook his head. The female officer nodded in response.

I jabbed my thumb towards the front door and said ,"Why don't you come inside the house and take a look?"

I walked into the house with the officers right behind me. The two examined the destruction in the living room as I stood in its entry, arms crossed over my chest. When they were done, I offered them seats in the dining room. 

"We would like to ask you a few questions, Sir.", Nanaba said as she intently leaned forward in her chair. I answered all of there questions without a pause, occasionally lying in between.

"This is a very serious case...", Officer Nanaba began when they were done asking me questions. "...and obviously way above our pay grade. I'm sorry, but we won't be able to help you much."

Officer Zakarius nodded at that and said, "We've called in some actual detectives. They'll know what to do."

"Oh, ok..."

The officers got up and left. After two minutes, the door bell rang. I opened the front door to look at two weary detectives who were drenched from head to toe. Oh, it had started raining.