While the talking kept commencing, I thought about what I might possibly do at the dance tonight. I can't believe I might follow through with this. I mean, this is a big move for...what even are we? Friends? Best friends? With benefits? I have no fucking clue. These are too many thoughts and what-ifs. They are cluttering my mind and making things more complicated. I need to talk about these with someone. I looked around the table to see if anyone might be able to help. Obviously not Troye. Marcus...probably not. He's more of a big brother to me or like a really good friend. Tanya...she'll fangirl that I'm gonna try and make a move. Dan...uh no. He seems a little geeky for my taste. Phil, same reason as Dan. Jenna, I don't really know her that well. She seems helpful, but I don't really know. Ricky...actually he might be perfect. I mean, he came out to us today. So, he or Kian must've made a move.

I look over at Troye, who is turned to Marcus talking about something. This is the perfect opportunity. I lean over towards Ricky's presence.

"Could I talk to you about something in private?" I asked Ricky. He turned away from the table.

"Yes. Of course, Connor." He said, smiling to reassure me. I feel like I can really trust Ricky to keep a secret and to give me advice about what I'm gonna do.

He and I went went back to the social dynamic and ate our food.

"What's wrong?" Troye whispered in my ear unexpectedly. I look at him to see him staring at Ricky with intensity. I quickly came up with a lie.

"He was just asking if you were gay." I say, lying through my teeth. Troy's face relaxed and he chuckled a bit.

"You know Ricky, you could've just asked me. I'm open about it." Troye said, smiling to a now puzzled-face Ricky.

"What are you talking about, Troye?" Troye was about to give an explanation, but I talked over him.

"Nothing, nothing, Ricky." I said to him, raising my eyebrows at Ricky out of Troye's vision. Ricky nodded his head. He understood that I needed to cover what I asked him.

After that, conversation at the table migrated to the dance tonight. Everyone who was at the camp last year contributed, except for Marcus for the obvious reason.

Once the time came to leave, the table cleared out and headed out the doors of the mess hall. As we went outside, a huge U-haul truck pulled into the circle drive. The back hatch was opened and inside was a bunch of lights and speakers for the dance tonight. Louis, Jim, and Sawyer helped unload the equipment and into the mess hall.

The group traveled down the U. Jenna and Tanya split from the group to go to their cabins. Which left Dan, Phil, Ricky, Marcus, Troye, and myself down the path towards our cabins. Troye, Marcus, and I waved to the rest as we headed into Cabin A. I settled down on my bed as Marcus sprayed himself with cologne and headed out the door to go see Niomi. Troye settled on his bed, his hands folded in his lap.

"Connor, are really positive you are okay?" I heard him ask. I turned to look at him, and he was standing up, hands in his pockets. HIs brow was furrowed and his eyes narrowed.

"Troye, I'm really positive that I am fine. What's your concern?" I asked him.

"Well, with you acting weird about and around Caspar, and with the Ricky encounter, I feel like you are hiding something." He said sternly. God, I knew he'd be catching on. I couldn't tell him about Caspar nor what happened with Ricky.

"I'm an open book, Tro. I wouldn't lie to you." Fuck. If he does find out about Ricky OR Caspar, I'm going to be labeled as a hypocrite. I just dug deeper into my potential and metaphorical grave.