Chapter 13: Thank You Captain Obvious

Unedited

The blue and red lights of the police cars just outside the front door had Rhylee's emotions on a roller coaster, seeing both Calian guards and the now present police guards, going up to Ellye's temporary room discussing possible kidnapping scenarios made this torturous dream reality.

She had lost her other sister to the people she had sworn to keep her safe from. Her parents were going to kill her if she didn't do it to herself. Rhylee knew that she had all of Calian to think about but when two of your little sisters have both been taken by the same people asking a simple thing of her, it would make anyone's skin itch.

She could feel her eyes get misty at the though of just how terrified Ellye would be at this moment. So much can happen in the first three hours of being kidnapped, she knew that from experience. Rhylee frowned as she played with her dainty necklace, she couldn't cry now. She had to be the strong one, she was angry and upset at herself but none of those feelings would help Ellye in this moment, only determination to get her back safe and sound would.

There had to be a mole among them, who else would have known that she was out and know the perfect time to break in and take Ellye. The whole scenario just seemed a little too well planned, everything had been planned around the time of her date with Gray. There had to be a mole, it's the only thing that made sense to her.

"Princess, I think it would be best if you moved away from the windows." June's voice rang out from behind her.

Rhylee's frowned deepened, not moving away from the window glaring at her reflection. Rydel's red hair appeared behind her in the window.

"C'mon Jules, she's right." Rydel wrapped her arm around her small friend pulling her away from the window before sitting her in between her and June.

"Maybe we should put out an Amber Alert?" Derek suggested.

"No. Sending out an Amber Alert would spook them and then we'd never find her. Our best bet for right now is to do reckon on the suspicious locations that we've managed to find and locate all within this town, that you've collected Derek." June spoke standing up looking at the group gathered in the living room.

Odessa, Rydel and Titan were all still in their pajamas. June had left Milo in the capable hands of both Bentley and Gray back at their house. June locked eyes with Sebastian as his jaw clenched in anger.

"We'll help." Derek tried again stronger.

"No thank you for your help." Sebastian spat out calmly. "We've got it from here. We've got more than enough people to take over the positions of your people."

Derek frowned.

"It's fine we're more than happy to help." He tried again.

Jordyn scoffed from across the room as he leaned against the wall. He tore his hazel eyes away from his distraught sister to look at Derek. Jordyn felt every pair of eyes in the room look at him.

"Help? Where was this help tonight? Where were your men while my younger sister was being kidnapped?" Jordyn noticed Rhylee flinch out of the corner of his eye. "And where was that extra cover your promised us?"

"My men had received an anonymous tip that Laura had been spotted, plus with how many weeks that had passed since the letter we assumed that they had given up their pursuit of you children." Derek explained.

"Tip or no tip, your division was directly assigned to us. Not for you to go off and search a tip that you colleagues from the station could handle." Jordyn voiced standing up straight walking up to Derek. "So thank you for your oh so helpful service but we now fall under our own jurisdiction and will only be helped by our forces."