Chapter 12

"We keep this love in a photograph. We make these memories for ourselves." - Ed Sheeran, Photograph

Taylor's POV

"You mean like on a date?" I asked. Obviously I had zero experience with these kinds of things and getting asked out by a boy wasn't something usual for me.

"Yeah," Harry said while walking with his hands in his jean pockets. His curls were tucked underneath his green beanie with a few locks peeking out.

"I'd love to!" I agreed to his proposal.

"Great, I'll be picking you up at 12 pm," he said before walking away with the biggest smile you can ever imagine on his face.

I headed home towards the opposite direction and blushed so madly, it felt as if my whole face was in flames. My cheeks blossomed, turning shades of pink darker. Throughout the whole way home, I was too busy swooning over the fact that I was going on my first date to actually realize that this is my first date.

What am I suppose to expect? What will I wear? How will I act?  A million thoughts swarmed around in my head as I collapsed on top of my bed sighing as I rubbed my temples. Where are we even going?  I texted him and he responded almost immediately.

Harry: It's a surprise. You'll love it. xx

Harry: Wear something floral printed
:-)

Groaning, I dragged myself to the closet and rummaged through it, searching for something eye-catching but not too flashy. I rarely had floral printed clothing items. At last, I dug to the deepest pit of my closet and found a pink floral summer dress. Fortunately, the length wasn't too short and reached right above my knees. Perfect.

Next, I went into the bathroom and pondered over what I should do for the make up. I settled with a tint of gold eye shadow on the eyelids and a short, winged eyeliner. To wrap it all up, I curled my eyelashes and applied a couple layers of mascara.

There was one thing left and that was my wild nest of ringlets. I took a deep breath before gripping hard on the handle of the hair brush and untangling the knots in my curls. Unfortunately, the bristles got stuck to my hair. "God, dammit," I growled while pulling the hair brush out of the tangled mess. With one more strong tug, I winced in pain as I finally yanked the brush out, along with a few clumps of hair. I stared at it with a horrid, appalled expression on my face and checked the mirror to see if the missing chunk of hair was noticeable. Luckily, it wasn't that distinguishable and my thick layers of hair were far more than enough to cover it. I took out my curling wand and began twisting small sections of my hair around the iron. Holding it for about ten seconds, I impatiently tapped my foot and stared at the clock: 4:05. At this rate, it would probably take another hour just for my hair.

After an eternity later

A car honk sounded and I looked out the window to see Harry standing in front of his Range Rover, smiling up at me and waving. I flashed a quick smile and waved before rushing to slip on a pair of flats and slinging my hand bag over my shoulder.

"Mooom. I'm going to go to Selena's," I called out as I raced down the stairs.

"Wait, hold on," she said when I passed by her in the kitchen on my way out. I paused in the middle of my tracks, praying she wouldn't get suspicious. "Why are you so dressed up?" she questioned with her head tilted to one side.

"We're going to the mall later," I lied and gave myself a mental slap as a punishment.

"So what time will you be home?"