Chapter 11

"Never wanted this, never wanna see you hurt. Every little bump on the road, I try to swerve." - Taylor Swift

Harry's POV

After minutes of sulking, I fished out my phone from my back jean pocket to dial Taylor's number, which I have already memorized. To my surprise, two missed calls from her flashed on the screen. Wondering what was wrong, I called her back and after three rings, she finally picked up. "T-taylor?" I asked, trying my best to conceal the emotions in my voice. "What's going on?"

"Oh, nothing," she said.

"Then why'd you call?"

"As cheesy as it may sound, I just wanted to hear your voice," she admitted. If sensing someone smile over the phone was possible, I swear I felt her smiling as she spoke. "Why'd you call?"

"I just wanted to hear your voice," I confessed with a small smile. With that, a distant titter was heard. However, it was the truth. Just listening to her soothing voice calmed me down better than anything else could. Whenever I was with her, it was like suddenly all my problems and stress vanished. "Hey, can--can you maybe come over?" I croaked.

A pause was heard until she said quietly, "Harry, I don't think my parents would be pleased once they find out I'm missing."

"Plus, I'm still catching up on season 5 of Pretty Little Liars on Netflix," she whined. "Why don't you come over."

"All right," I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'll pick you up in five minutes then?"

"Ummm, fine," Taylor agreed.

"Great," I said before hanging up and wiping away the last tear. I grabbed my sweatshirt before creeping out into the hallway where noises were heard. I peeked over the stair rail to search for my mom but she was nowhere in sight. Then, I realized that the racket was coming from her room. I made my way down the stairs with short, rapid footsteps, not making the slightest sound. The door was still unlocked so I pulled it open gently, cringing as the hinges let out a tiny squeak. I slipped out quickly, not wanting to increase my risk of getting caught sneaking out.

Once I was inside the car, I breathed a sigh of relief. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest which was strange, considering the countless times I've run away from home.

Taylor's POV

"Wait! Where are we going?" I asked, but it was too late. He had already hung up. Where could we possibly be going at this time? I wondered.

On such a last minute notice, I scurried over to my closet, digging for something appropriate to wear. At last, I ended up throwing on a The 1975 T-shirt with black leggings. As for my frizzy, untamed mass of curls, I just pulled it back into a ponytail-more like a horsetail or you might say, a bush. Two headlights passed by my window pane and I looked out, seeing Harry's Range Rover. Only my dad was home and I doubt he'd even bother to check up on me. I flicked off the lights and left the night light on to make it seem like I had gone to sleep. Although, it was much earlier than usual bed time. Then, I lifted up the window screen and swung one leg over carefully, before climbing out. I shut the window and looked down to see how high I was above the ground and gulped. Just the sight of it made me nauseous, due to my fear of heights. I gripped onto the edge of the roof so that I was dangling a few feet off the ground. My hands were starting to sweat and my palms felt clammy. Fortunately, my height made it easier for me to let go without landing on the ground with huge impact. I rushed over to Harry's car and opened the door to the passenger seat, hopping inside.

"Okay, this better be something great because I just put my life at risk for you and I'm not talking about how I just jumped off the roof but what my parents are going to do to me once they find out," I said all in one breath. Realizing he hasn't said a single word, I looked up to see that his nose was faintly red and his eyes were filled with tears. "Wh--what's going on?" Even more noticeable, there was a thin gash beneath his left eye. "Oh my God, what happened?" I gasped and took his face in my hands, examining the wound closely.