Chapter 9

Harry's POV

The morning sun was just beginning to rise by the time I was awoken by the annoying, blaring alarm clock. Groaning, with my eyes still closed, my arm reached over to the nightstand, struggling to find the button to silence it. I sat upright on my bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes until I found the energy to get up and prepare for the long day ahead of me.

With my backpack slung over my shoulder, my guitar on the other, I tip toed out of my room into the dark hallway. Through the small crack of the door, I saw that my mom was still asleep, snoring away softly. I tried to not wake her because I knew no good will come out of it when she's sleep deprived. However, this task was challenging due to the stairs creaking, every step that I took. At last, I made it out the front door and made sure to lock it behind me before I left in a jiff. Checking the forecast ahead of time that day, I decided against taking the only car we had, since it ought to be a warm, clear day as said. While walking to the school, I passed by the block Taylor's home was on. My eyes traveled directly up to the window of her room where she was probably still asleep.

Being the first to arrive into the practice room at 6:56, I set up all the equipment and instruments. As I was waiting for the rest of the boys to show up, I sat down and took out my notebook and a pencil. Tapping the pencil on my chin in deep wonder, I debated on how I should write this. I had a general knowledge of what I was going to write but establishing them into words and then into a song was the difficult part. Almost anyone can write a song because I mean, it's just full of lyrics and words right? But it's the quality of the song that matters, not the quantity. It takes a lot for a song to be meaningful and not just a cluster of words that are sung.

I've tried playing it cool, I wrote down on the blank sheet of paper. But when I'm looking at you, I swiftly jot down before a small tap was heard on the door. In came Liam, Zayn, and Niall. Of course Louis was late again.

"Hey, Harreh!"

"Hey!"

"Good morning!"

They all greeted, one by one, as they entered the room. "Hey, guys." I smiled as they all sat down in their usual seats. Niall immediately grabbed the guitar from its stand and slung his arm over it, strumming a few soft chords.

"So, for that dance coming up next week, have we decided what to perform yet?" Liam asked, growing serious.

"Well, I have been--"

Suddenly, Louis burst through the door wearing a proud smile on his face. "I was only two minutes late this time!"

"This has got to be a record!" Niall teased.

"You deserve an award," I chimed in.

"Why, thank you," he said, looking pleased. Holding onto his imaginary award, he pretended to be looking out into a large audience. "I'd like to thank my annoying little sisters for not throwing a tantrum this morning, my mum for spending only ten minutes looking for the car keys, and--"

"All right, we got it," Liam cut him off.

Louis stopped mid sentence and turned to look at Liam with a faked disappointed expression. The corners of his lips were tugged down, his smile that he once wore was turned completely upside down. "Okay, okay, so what did I miss?" He took a seat and looked around, waiting for an answer.

"Well, I was just starting to write this song earlier that I had in mind..." I said and showed them all that I've written. The four of them leaned in to get a closer look. "So, basically, it's like there's this girl that the guy meets and he absolutely cannot get her out of his mind because she's got the one thing that no other girl has. And he tries to make her see that he really likes her," I explained to them who were all looking at me intently.

"Sounds great," Niall said and leaned back into his chair.

"I like it..." Zayn said, chewing on his bottom lip.

"Fantastic!" Louis exclaimed.

Liam clapped his hands together. "Great, we'll just continue on working this together."

+
Lunch rolled around and once again, I was hanging out with the four of them. "And who is this?" Niall whistled, eyeing someone behind me. I turned around to see Taylor walking towards our table with her lunch.

"She's Taylor," I answered, my eyes never leaving her.

"Oh! Is it that chick you've been--" Panicking, my first instinct to shut him up was kicking him in the shin. Niall jumped at this unexpected action and looked over at me with an expression that read: What the hell, mate?

In response, I just gave him a death glare and began introducing Taylor to the boys. "Taylor, this is Niall, Louis, Liam, and Zayn."

"Hey, Taylor!" they all said in a unison.

"Hey, guys!" she smiled. "Mind if I join?"

"No problem!"

"Sure, go ahead!"

"Of course you can!"

She sat down on the chair next to me and spoke lowly into my ear so only I was able to hear. "What happened yesterday? Where did you go?"

"I uh, family business," I answered, trying to avoid the meet of her gaze. Why am I even lying to her? Don't I trust her?

"Oh, all right," was all she said.

+

After school ended, I headed straight to the bakery as usual. This time, I was sure to be on time and earlier than usual due to the fear of losing my job.

"Ah, so you finally decided to come on time today," John sneered as I came into the kitchen. Ignoring him, I went off and got a head start on my work.

John came back in minutes later saying, "There's a customer out there. Why don't you go and help her?" I rolled my eyes and set down my apron and oven mitts. Grabbing a notepad off the counter, I hurried out to wait the customer. Seeing a person sitting alone in the booth, I assumed that was who John was referring to. The tall, giant menu covered her entire face except for the top of her blond hair which was peeking out. Then, she laid down her menu, revealing herself.

"T-Taylor?"

A/N: Idk if I should update this or my one shots book next bc I have not any ideas for the other one. So if you have something that you'd like for me to write about, please message me, that would be awesome. OH AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K+ READS. All the love xx