Chapter 2

Adira's P.O.V.

"Ugh! I want my magic." I say to Carlos and Mal in a whiny voice.

"We don't know how to separate yours from my mothers." Mal said.

"Bring me my spell book." I say not directly to either of them.

"Which one?" Asked Carlos.

"I don't think the one I want is here, I want the old one, that's in a different language, it's in your room under your bookshelf."

"Ok, I'll go get it." Mal said turning around and leaving.

I am holding the little glass orb with my magic in it, it is swirling around along with the dark green, but the dark green is trying to take over, it's strangling mine.

"You know, this staying in bed all the time thing sucks." I say to Carlos.

"I know, but fairy godmother said you can't put any stress on your body, you have to stay relaxed."

"I know, I'm just kinda an active person, I don't like to sit still." I say flopping around and hanging off the bed. Then Mal walks in holding a small book, she hands it to me and I open it, flipping through the pages while Mal and Carlos look over my shoulders at the pages. After a few minutes of flipping I stop on a page and start to read.

"Umm, sorry for interrupting but, how do you read that?" Asked Mal.

"I can speak the language, it's kinda like Latin, but it takes a long time to learn so, Latin class I took a nap in, how about a floating caption." I say, then beside the book, English text appears and says what the page says.

"Thanks, I need to learn that spell." Said Carlos.

I finally find one and make the captions disappear before they can read the page.

"I got it." I say as I point at the spell. "Oh, I don't have magic, so could one of you two do this for me?"

"I will." Carlos says.

"Ok, hold on." I say standing up out of the bed and going to his bathroom.

"Hey! You aren't supposed to get up!" Yelled Carlos, then a few seconds later I walk out of the bathroom with, salt, a bowl of water, a bowl of leaves, two empty bowls, and a few candles.

"I'm fine, fairy godmother was exaggerating."

"What's all the stuff for?" Asked Mal.

"The spell." I say as I put down the bowls in a pile and start to pour the salt out on the floor.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!" Yelled Carlos, I stop pouring and look at him like he is crazy.

"What?"

"Don't pour that out on the floor!"

"I have to for the spell, and relax I will clean it up after we're done." I say going back to pouring and when I am done I have made a pentagram.

"Umm, you just made a pentagram..." Said Carlos. 

"And...?"

"Isn't that like...demonic?" Asked Mal.

"Yes, yes it is." I state clearly and they look at me like my head has just exploded, "relax that is just folklore. Pentagrams were originally used in old magic, and back in the old days people believed witch craft was demonic, so no we are not calling upon or summoning demons."

They just shake their heads in agreement, I take the candles and put one on each of the five corners, I put the bowls with the four elements in the triangles and then my magic in the fifth triangle, then I sit down in the middle of it. I point at the candles and Carlos lights them with his magic, then I point at one of the empty bowls and Mal lite's a fire in it, I take a pin and prick my finger then let it drip into the candle that is above my magic, as soon as I do all the flames shoot up and get bigger, then I wave Carlos over and he walks over.

"Ok, you need to say, Sang... Hold on this is really advanced stuff, maybe you and Mal should both do it...?"I say and kinda ask at the same time, then Mal hops down and sits next to Carlos, then I continue, "you need to say the incantation, Sanguinatum planicium Sanguinatum planicium...you got it?"

"Yes, and your sure that this will separate and give you your magic back?" Asked Carlos.

"Yes I'm sure, and don't stop the incantation until it's time, no matter what." I tell them.

"How will we know when it's time?" Asked Mal.

"You will know...everyone ready?"

"Ready."

"Ready."

"Ok, then say it." I say as I take a deep breath and relax.

"Sanguinatum planicium Sanguinatum planicium Sanguinatum planicium Sanguinatum planicium Sanguinatum planicium Sanguinatum planicium." They start chanting, and as soon as they do I can feel it.

It feels like my entire body is turning inside out, then my nervous system and my skin is being fused with something, I feel myself be lifted off the ground, it's not by them it's by my magic going back to my body. When I have absorbed all of my magic I fall back to the ground and a big wind blows from around me putting out all the flames, knocking down the candles, and almost knocking them over, that is when they stop chanting. I lay on the floor not being able to move, but not unconscious, then I notice I am moving, I am twitching wildly, Carlos runs up to me and is shaking my shoulders and saying something, but it's like I am majorly zoned out, I can't hear him.

Finally I stop twitching and as soon as I do I start to be able to move again, so a few seconds after I have stopped I shoot up from the spot I was laying super energized and ready to run a marathon, they look at me weird then I say,

"Woah! I feel great! What are you staring at?"

"You, your...different." Carlos says, then I get up and run to a mirror, he was right, I am different, my cheek bones are way higher, my hair was white ombré to black, my eyes were ice blue, swirled with emerald green, and it looked like they were in that orb, my irises were moving, two different colors fighting to take over, I look beautiful, inhumanly beautiful.

"You look...beyond...gorgeous." Said Carlos walking up behind me.

"Well, enough with my looks, time to see if my magic works or not." I say not liking that they keep staring at me.

I walk over to the bowl of water I had and say, levitatius liquidatious, and the water floats up out of the bowl, it worked but I don't feel right, I feel...I don't know how to explain it.

"You did it! Yes! You got your magic back!" Said Carlos excitedly as I put down the water so he could hug me.

"Wooh hoo!" Said Mal excitedly.

"Hey, is everything ok?" Asked Carlos he must have seen that something was wrong.

"Oh, uh yeah, everything is fine." I say knowing everything isn't fine, but it could just be paranoia, like I'm so scared something didn't go right that I believe something didn't. But I just can't shake this feeling, this feeling of...hate.