:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

            “I didn’t say I wouldn’t try. Although I’m not the one who does his best not to get along with his family…”

            Vincent flipped over to glare at his brother. “It’s normal for brothers to argue with their siblings, Sebastian.”

            “Well actually, Jake and I get along pretty well,” I pitched in, cocking an eyebrow at him. “I think we’ve only fought seriously like four times in our lives.”

            “Yeah, and you haven’t lived with your brother for a million years—”

            My eyes bulged. “A million years?”

            There was a moment of silence before Sebastian and Fiona burst out laughing. Even the right corner of Vincent’s mouth lifted up in amusement. “Not literally,” he notified me.

            “Oh,” I said lamely, ducking my head.

            Sebastian put a hand on my shoulder. “You should go get ready. If you take as long as Fiona takes to get ready even as a vampire, we’ll be here for the next few hours. And don’t you have to go to the hospital at four?”

            Reluctantly, I nodded. “That only gives us four hours… Will you be around after I get out?”

            “I have to go back,” he admitted unenthusiastically.

            Nodding in acknowledgement, I stepped around him, heading for the door. “Okay, I’m going to hop in the shower really quickly then.”

            “Take Vincent with you!” Fiona called after me. “He probably needs one as well. You guys slept in the same bed, so why not shower together?”

            My head snapped toward her and I glowered, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. “Fiona! No!”

            She cocked her head to the side, her green eyes wide and innocent. “Well why not? It’d save on water.”

            “Fiona,” Sebastian said reproachfully. “Stop… Can’t you see she’s too embarrassed to admit it’s a splendid idea?”

            “Sebastian!” I cried in betrayal, whipping my gaze to him. “No!”

            He patted the top of my head. “Go on, admit it.”

            I opened my mouth to protest, but Vincent decided to speak up at that moment. “All of you stop being idiots and get out.”

            “Aww,” Fiona cooed, sounding highly amused. “Vivi is embarrassed! Seb look at him!”

            “This is new,” Sebastian mused, his eyes sliding over my head to the bed where Vincent was still lying.

            Interested, I twisted on my heel to look at him. To my surprise, he did look embarrassed. Sheepish too. He was glaring, but there definitely was a faint blush on his defined cheeks. In turn, this caused me to grow more embarrassed. Why was he acting like that? He should be the one smirking smugly at me and saying it was a great idea! Why wasn’t he doing that? What was he thinking?

            “I-I’ll go take a shower downstairs. Vincent, you can use the shower upstairs,” I blurted finally, wrenching my gaze away from him. “Sebastian, Fiona, you guys can go wait in the den or something. Make yourself at home.”