Chapter 7

~Spencer's Past, Her Point Of View (POV)~

-September 21st, 2004, 16th Birthday-

Dear Neverland,

Today my birthday was ruined by my father who was let out of Jail. He nearly killed me when I was a year old and all he got was 15 years in jail. He beat me, put me down on the floor in front of my mom and kicked me across the floor and into a wall.

He isn't allowed to see me though he tried hard and dropped off a present for me at the door. He rang, left the present and a note and ran away after he knocked, and drove off in his shitty car. No one would miss their Daughter's only 16th birthday right?

He got me a dress. I hated dresses. He certainly didn't ever take time to write and get to know his daughter. Damn I don't even care I just hated that he was let out. I would let him rot in that jail cell, especially if I had any bit of a say in the matter.

~Spencer Eden~

Well that was enough for the ol' Neverland diary. I never actually had a journal that had a picture of Neverland. But, I love Peter Pan and 'dear diary' sounded too girly. So 'Dear Neverland' became my thing.

"Hey Ms.Torrin, where's Spencer?" I hear from downstairs. Her unique voice. I know it better than I know my own moms. "Yeah, she's upstairs. You're not allowed over tomorrow, we are having a family holiday." She says, monotone. I roll my eyes as I hear Ridley run up the stairs.

I put on some chapstick before she enters through the door. Not like she would come through a window. That would be barbaric.

"Hey Babe." She says quietly. Hair hiding her face.

She and I have been together for about week now. She's 14 but damn she knows how to kiss and move like no one else. She was grinding all over me at the fall fest dance and damn she knows how to do it.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, looking at her. She sits down by me but doesn't show her face. "Baby what's wrong?" I ask. She stayed quiet and I took her chin to made her look at me. She had a scrape on her cheek and a black eye. And several bruises on various areas of her body. "Oh my god. Did Brad do this?" I ask, appalled that anyone would lay a hand on her. I hug her close and she just cries.

~a few years earlier~

-January 27th, 2000-

"YOURE SO USELESS YOU LITTLE WHORE! YOU DONT DO ANYTHING FOR ME! AND YOU TREAT ME HORRIBLY!" She screams, giving me a slap. I scream back at her.

"YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE AT SCHOOL FOR ME! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I GO THRO-" she punches my stomach and walks away, slamming the front door shut. I curl up in pain. I cry and cry hard as I ever have. I'm constantly being put down. I hear the bottles she drinks out of being smashed on the ground. I was scared.

~three years later~

-March 9th, 2003-

"Mom..." I say, quietly and with worry.

"What's up honeybear?" She asks, worried but not. "I.... I'm sorry... I... He took advantage of me and... I'm pregnant." I whisper, tears brimming my eyes.

She looks shocked. Too shocked. It was scary and I couldn't process what she was gonna do next. She just stared at me for several minutes.

"You're not a virgin. It's before marriage, you've sinned against God. You've sinned against me." She says, anger laced with hate. "You have no idea how much I wish you weren't my daughter. You have no idea how much you make me angry. I just wish I could kill you but I can't. And if I could then I would, because I really hate what you've become and I bet it's because you have no daddy. And that's your fault you little pregnant whore. You're not gonna have that baby. Not that devil spawn. Not in my house." She says, then with all her might, she punches my stomach.

I fall to the floor, and with brut force she kicks me as I scream in pain. It's just like that time when I was 12. But she kicked with more force, I was slid into the wall. She kept kicking me until the pain was too much and I blacked out.