Chapter Two.

Sapphire's POV

I wake up the next morning in the back room of the diner, with a pounding headache. I check my phone and realise I have 3 texts and 2 missed calls. Wow, I guess i'm popular. They're all from my little sister. I read the texts.

Callie: Hey Sapphire!!! I miss you a lot, are you coming back to Ohio soon?
Callie: I just realised you're probably not up yet!! Sorry! When you wake up, text me back!!
Callie: Are you up yet?

I read the texts and smile, thinking about when I'll be able to go see her.

Sapphire: Hi Callie! I miss you too, and I don't know when i'll be able to come out there. I'll try my hardest to get over there, but I have a lot going on right now. I love you baby sis! <3

She almost immediately replies, she was probably waiting for my text.

Callie: Oh, okay!! Maybe over the summer I could fly out there and stay with you!
Sapphire: I hope so! That would be fun dude. Anyway, I gotta go, i'll text you later, okay?
Callie: Okay!

I turn off my phone and get up. I look around to see that Lynn, Jacob, Caleb, and Xavier are all still sleeping. I kick each of them and they all groan and get up slowly. Alice is already here working, so we sit in our booth and order some breakfast.

"I want some eggs and bacon." Lynn says tiredly.

"I want cereal." Caleb says.

"I want a fucking bagel, and I want it now." I say as I go into the kitchen and make a bagel. I hear them laugh and I continue making my bagel. Once I finish, we all eat and then leave. I go on Twitter and check my feed, seeing a tweet from Set It Off.

Hello Twitter! We are looking for a bassist, and would like to get one of you to join us! Tag us in a video of you playing our song, and maybe you'll win! Good luck!

I immediately put down my phone and picked up my bass. I've played all of this a thousand times, but perfect it for a couple hours. I turn on my video camera, and start my intro.

"Hi. My name is Sapphire Tyler, and I will be playing 'Duality' by Set It Off. I hope you enjoy!"

I pick up my bass and start playing. Once I finish, I watch the video and post it to my YouTube channel, and then share it to Twitter tagging Set It Off and all the boys' accounts.

I text Lynn, I want her to go to the mall with me.

Sapphire: Hi friend. Mall? I think yes. Meet me outside in 20.

Lynn: Woah girl did I say yes? No. Will I meet you outside in 30? Yes.

Sapphire: Deal. See you then asshole 😊

I turn off my phone and throw on a black skater skirt and a My Chemical Romance shirt, with my black cat tights under the skirt. I slip my vans on, fix my makeup, and walk out. I check my phone, and it's been about 25 minutes. About 3 minutes later, Lynn walks out of her room and we walk to my car. She puts in "Future Hearts" by All Time Low, and we sing along to every word.

We get to the mall, and I run out of the car and walk into Hot Topic. Lynn slowly makes her way over to me, panting. I laugh, and then walk over to Xavier, Jacob and Caleb. Lynn looks at me confused.

"Hi guys. I didn't expect you to be here." She says.

"Oh yeah!" I exclaim. "I forgot to tell you, we're meeting them here." I say laughing a little.

We start looking around the store until a I get tackled. I start laughing, knowing exactly who it is.

"Hi Anna." I say as I pry her off of my back, getting up off the ground. Everyone says hi to her, and then she goes back to work. She does that every time I come in here, it's pretty great. One time, she tackled me and I knocked over the stand of rubber bracelets. It was pretty great.

We all buy some things, and we leave the store walking around the mall for a little bit.

"Did any of you hear about how Set It Off is looking for a new bassist?" Caleb asks.

"I have..." I say.

"Really? Are you gonna try out?" Xavier asks.

"Well, here's the thing. I already have." I say smiling.

"Ooooh!!" Lynn says.

We spend some more time in the mall, and then we go home and eat some pizza. We watch a couple movies, have a couple drinks, and then go to sleep.

The next morning, I check my Twitter and see over 700 people retweeted my audition, one of them being Zach Dewall. He replied to it, saying "amazing job, I love it so much!"

I screamed.

Everyone woke up, asking me if everything was okay, and I showed them the tweet. I replied back to it.

"Thank you so much!!"

He replied, saying no problem, and then DMed me.

"Hey! Can I get your number? The band and I would like to meet you, we want you to be our bassist."

The last thing I can remember is screaming and falling over.

Xavier's POV

I look over at Sapphire and realise she's on the floor. I run over to her, as everyone else did too, and I pick up her phone. I see that she's on Twitter, on a DM. I see that it's from Zach Dewall, which is REALLY cool, but when I see the message I almost scream.

Everyone looks at her phone, and we all start jumping and hugging. She wakes up, and looks at us.

"What happened?" She asks, and looks at me.

I hand her her phone, and she screams. I see tears run down her face, and she jumps into Lynn's arms and quietly says, "I'm going to be in Set It off."

Hi lovely reader! I hope you enjoy, I love writing this!

August 3, 1039 words.