Chapter One.

Sapphires POV

"Sapphire!" I hear my best friend yell.

"What?" I yell back to her.

"Come down here! I have to ask you something." She replies back.

Alright, so let me tell you a bit about myself. My name's Sapphire Tyler, and I'm a 22 year old girl that plays bass guitar. I work at a local bar as a bartender, and live down the hall from my best friend Addalyn, who goes by Lynn, and her boyfriend Xavier. Currently, I'm at my apartment and she just called me and asked me down to her apartment, as you could tell. Anyway, I have to go down there.

I walk into her apartment, and she motions for me to sit down on the couch next to her.

"Yes?" I say to her, a little worried.

"I got it!" She says to me, and I give her a confused look. "The audition!" She replies.

"Ahhh!! Congrats!!" I say to her, really excitedly. Lynn tried out to be a guitarist for a band last week, and she got in. "Dude, I'm so happy for you. Congrats!!"

"I'm so happy!" She says to me. I don't know what to say, I'm really happy for her.

"Hey, wanna go grab some food? We could get pizza......" I ask her.

"YES!! VICTORY PIZZA!!!!!" She yells. I laugh, shaking my head and grabbing my keys. "Can Xavier come with?" She asks with puppy dog eyes.

"Well of course! Xavier, get your ass out here, we're getting pizza." I say, making Lynn laugh. Xavier was a band mate in highschool, along with Lynn and some other friends. I was the bassist, Lynn was the guitarist, Xavier was the singer/screamer, my friend Caleb was the drummer, and Lynn's brother Jacob was the other guitarist. Our band opened for a couple bands, and went on a few tours but after high school it kind of died. We almost got back together a couple months ago, but we decided not to. We all still talk and hangout all the time, and we all live in the same apartment building.

"Hey, Xavier, you get ready and I'll go grab Caleb and Jacob, okay?" I ask them.

"Alright! Hurry back, I'm hungry!" Lynn says smiling.

I went back to my apartment, slipped on my Set It Off shirt and back skinny jeans, and then slipped my black Vans back on. I was wearing pajamas before, and I don't think that I should wear those to a local pizza place.

I walk next door, (Our apartments go Lynn and Xavier's at the end of the hallway, mine next to that, and then next to that is Jacob and Caleb's) and knock on their door.

"Who is it?" I hear Caleb yell.

"It's Sapphire!" I yell back.

"Get in here you spaghetti slut!" He yells to me and I laugh. He calls me "spaghetti slut" because every night after band practice we would go to a cheap diner and I'd get spaghetti EVERY night. I got the nickname "spaghetti slut" after that. I walk in, and they both smile at me.

"Hey, wanna watch Batman with us?" Jacob asks me.

"I would love to watch Batman with you, but we're actually going to the diner where "spaghetti slut" was born. Care to join us?" I ask them both.

"Wait", Jacob says, making me look at him questionably. "Who is 'us'?" Caleb asks.

"Oh!" I reply. "Lynn got into the band, so we're going to get pizza at the diner with Xavier. And we wanted you to go!" I say happily.

"Yeah, of course!" They both say smiling. "Let me grab my wallet, and we'll meet you outside!" Caleb says smiling.

"Alright, I'm driving!" I say and leave the apartment. I walk back to Lynn's apartment and open the door, yelling to them about how Jaleb is going with us. We call them "Jaleb" because it's easier to say than Jacob and Caleb, considering they sound almost exactly the same. I walk out of the building, and go to my car. I put "Duality" by Set It Off in and skip to Wolf In Sheep's Clothing, which is my favorite song. (In real life it's my favorite song) Everyone slowly loads into my car, and we all sing along. We listen to the album all the way there, which is about a 30 minute drive, and then I parked the car and we all got out. It's been a couple years since we went here, and I'm really happy to be back with my best friends. We walk in and sit at the same table we always sat at, and the same waitress that has served us for almost 7 years comes over to us and hugs us all. Her name is Alice, and she was our biggest fan.

"Guys! It's been so long! How are you all?" She asks us, sitting down at our table. We all reply and talk to her for a little bit, but then takes our orders. "I'm guessing you're all getting the usual? If not, I better tell the cook now. I think he's almost done making it." She says while laughing and smiling. We all laugh and nod, and about 10 minutes later our food arrives. We talk and eat for a couple more hours, but since we were pretty much raised in this diner we crash in the back room around 2 A.M. after some hours of laughing, crying, food battles, shots, and alcohol.

Hi lovely reader! I hope you enjoy this fanfiction, because I feel like I'm going to enjoy writing it. Anyway, I will also be posting this on Quotev, if any of you have that/ know what that is. I'm going to try and update every day/every couple days, depending on how free I am. Anyway, have a wonderful day, and stay safe!

xoxo Baleigh <3

July 28, 2015. 988 words.