Disgusting

Embry hears a calamity from outside of his room, and is tempted to check it out.  He stumbles out of his room.
"What's with all the noise?"  His eyes widen at the sight in front of him.  In place of the abdomen that Mr Fletch. Should have is a bronze metal wire that curves in the shape of a spine.  It holds up the entirety of his chest, neck and head.  Mr. Fletch is bending his arm and holding a wrench around the thick wire.
  "That's...weird as fuck."  he exclaims.
   Reagan nods.  Mr. Fletch sits there, as if he's oblivious to the two watching him.
   "What is that?"  Reagan asks.
    "I would say that it's Embry's fault, but it's not.  It's yours."  He responds.
   "No...  I wouldn't."  Reagan tells him.
   "You don't know who you were, so how would you know?"  he asks.
   Reagan doesn't answer, they suppose it was rhetorical.  It's then that they realize they're dizzy and tired.  Their eye bags are fully visible and their posture slouched.  They walk back to their room, in fear of fainting, and shut the door.  This leaves Embry and Mr. Fletch.
  Mr. Fletch pulls Embry's face close to his, closing his jaw with his right hand.  His left arm is holding Embry's neck.
   "He didn't do that to me, the experiment did.  The thing I created destroyed me because I was in it, so I put others in for my own sake.  But you can't tell them.  Or I will kill you."  He threatens.
  Embry struggles to breathe and manages a nod.  There aren't any other options.  He's too short to escape Mr. Fletch, he's muscular, but he could never hurt someone who's made of metal.
  Worse than not being able to hurt the man threatening him, he could have gotten killed,  or worse, Reagan and Eve could have gotten killed.  Mr Fletch would have killed his own daughter over himself.  Embry has a familiar emotion boil inside him, rage. He remembers a time when his anger was simpler.
*****
Embry kicked his small bookshelf with all the force his leg could create. The textbooks fell, in the way that dominos do. His room had been small, as his younger brother had taken the larger room. His skateboard collection hung on the wall. Some of them were scuffed and old, and others were new and barely used.
He kicked it again causing another avalanche of books to fall.
"I have to face the facts," he muttered, "nobody cares about me except me. So I have to look out for myself. Hell I have to put myself before others. I am a God, after all, they should be serving me. Not the other way around."
He kicked until all of the books were on the floor. Seeing objects around him fall was calming. If he had that much anger inside him then it might as well show on the outside.
"Fuck, I have to pick these up," he realized and laughed, the anger seemingly gone.
******
  Eve is frozen beside the door.  They heard what Mr. Fletch said.  They could not fall asleep and were about to head out to talk to someone, Reagan or Embry.
  Eve spits on the ground in disgust, "Disgusting.  You don't care about me."
  Eve walks up to him and stands there silently.  With straight posture and a stern look.  She shakes in fear and anger.  In her confusion she reaches out and takes her fingernail to her father's left eye.  He screams in agony.  She shakes as her shoulders move down and she sobs.  Her father attempts to pull her in for a hug.  She resists.  She walks back to her room, and she sits on the floor.  It is hard and dirty, but she doesn't care.  She burrows her head into her knees.
  There is blood on the ground outside.  Embry attempts to clean it up, with spit, but it's to no avail.  Embry reaches his hand to his face and realizes that it is wet, with tears.

  The next morning everyone pretends as if things are normal.  Reagan has an orange for breakfast, Eve has cereal.  Embry isn't awake.  Mr. Fletch isn't there.
  "I'm sorry.  Not about before all this.  About now."  Eve apologizes.
  Reagan mouths that it's okay because they can't get the words out.
  Reagan wonders how The Wire works.  They wonder if The Wire can be directly affected by thoughts.  They wonder why this place doesn't have windows.  They wonder if there's a way out.
  There is iron and metal walls on every side.  It's pitch black without the lights on.  There's a refrigerator, a desk, a chair, a cabinet and a table.  There are more objects than before.  This must be what Mr. Fletch has been bringing back from his trips.  The papers are gone from the desk.
  "My father didn't get hurt by you.  He got hurt by himself, with the help of The Wire," Eve interjects their thoughts.
  Reagan nods.  It's not a big surprise for them.
  "I wonder if we could all just get away from here...get out of this place.  It's exhausting and scary to be here," Reagan says, between bites of their orange.
  "Yeah.  I haven't been able to use the Internet either.  I miss it honestly.  And I don't know what life is like outside of here or The Wire.  I just remembered this one meme on the Internet called Pepe the frog.  It was a good meme," Eve says.
  Reagan laughs.  Embry walks out of his room, hair wilder than ever.
  "What's up?"  he asks and smiles groggily.
   "We have to get out of this place."  Reagan answers, hand on their chin.
   Embry looks confused, "Then why don't we just...get out of here.  Like...run away.  Eve's father isn't even here."
  "I couldn't leave my father.  Plus I'm well off, I have money," Eve answers.
  "Alright have fun in this metal room all your life.  Reagan lets go," Embry says.
  "You're just going to leave her here?  She's forgotten about her coffee shop, and she must have something back home," Reagan tells him.
  At the idea of getting back to her coffee shop Eve jumps up.  She's heading back with them.