Evelyn Fletcher and Her Coffee Shop...

It's the night after Reagan left, and Eve is satisfied.  She hopes the two strangers will come back sometime. She usually hopes customers will come back, not for business purposes always, but because it gets lonely. The old lady across the street who sells ceramic sculptures, and who likes to be called Gran, says it never gets boring here. Eve isn't convinced most of the time.
Most of the time, her life has seemed to consist of work. There hasn't been enough time for people. There was a time when all her life was was people, but now her life revolves around her coffee shop. However, Eve is content with her position in her coffee shop.
Eve smiles out the window of the old coffee shop as she looks at the stars. Eve has a fleeting thought about checking a clock.  She doesn't. Time has passed in an odd manner ever since a certain point. She can't pinpoint the exact moment, a year ago maybe? She supposes it doesn't matter.
Suddenly, Embry stumbles back in, the bells on the door ringing.
Embry's pale complexion is difficult to see in the dark lighting, but it's definitely him. There's a strange look on his face, his mouth twisted into a grimace and his eyes the size of plates.
Eve speculates for a moment, what could have happened. This is a sheltered, safe neighborhood, so the options for what happened are limited.  Embry interrupts her thoughts,
"There's some weird shit going on outside you might want to check out."