Surprisingly, an hour after Nick left, the staff began to stumble towards the elevators after Demi gave them the day off tomorrow before they had to start preparing for the next show in Milan. The camera crew was packing up and a whole cleaning crew came in to clean the office up as everything began to die down. It had been such an exciting day and now it was just over.

"Mrs. Lovato, here's your champagne," one of the cleaners said, passing the gold bottle of champagne to Demi as she thanked her before noticing that Wilmer was still there.

"You thirsty?" Demi questioned, holding the bottle towards him as he shook his head. He had never seen that in a common liquor store and based upon what he knew about Demi and Nick that bottle of champagne probably cost more than his apartment.

"I should really get home. I think Isa is still mad at me for sending her home early," Wilmer said as he scratched the back of his neck. But Demi didn't take his excuse.

"It's just one celebratory drink with a friend. I'll even take you to my favorite place in the entire building," Demi pleaded, doing this thing with her face where she poked her lips out and her eyes widened and watered and she looked like a little puppy. A puppy that he couldn't say no to.

"One drink," he confirmed as she nodded and grabbed the now clean flutes, which were just about to get dirty again. Wilmer followed her to the elevators and she hit the button for the roof. He raised his eyebrow at her but didn't say anything as they ascended to the very top of the building and when the doors opened, they were standing outside in the brisk New York air with an expensive bottle of champagne and no coats on.

Demi was no doubt in expensive clothing but that didn't stop her from walking over to the thick ledge and plopping down without a problem so Wilmer did the same because his clothes cost much less and he didn't have a problem messing them up. She filled the flutes up all the way and then passed him his as they sat there, staring out at New York. They didn't toast or anything but they sat there in comfortable silence just observing the city. It truly was the city that never sleeps.

"In New Yooooooooorrrrrrrrrrk, concrete jungle where dreams are made of there's nothing you can't do," Demi softly sang, swaying from side to side as Wilmer chuckled and drank a little bit of his champagne. It tasted like any regular champagne but it probably made rich people feel good about themselves to drop a couple thousand on one bottle.

"These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you..." Demi trailed off, letting the wind wash over her body as she drank down half of her flute and then looked over at Wilmer.

"I miss seeing the stars at night. When I was little my sister and I used to climb on top of our roof and do that stupid thing where you try to find shapes in the stars. I wish I could do that with my kids but it's too bright to see the stars out here," Demi reminisced with a light smile on her face. She had never mentioned anything about a sister and from the few framed pictures he saw in her office and at her house, he didn't see any that contained someone who could be her sister. In fact, she really only had pictures of her kids and the occasional family picture with Nick framed.

"I didn't know you have a sister."

"No one does really...you can't take everyone to the top with you," Demi said with a tired smile on her face. Was that one of the sacrifices that she had to make? Choosing her career over her family? Now that he thought about it, she didn't speak of her family or her friends. All she seemed to have was Nick, her kids, and the people who worked for her. That seemed like a lonely way to live.

"It must suck to live like that..."

Demi didn't respond. She just peered out at the city that was fully lit up in all of its magnificence as she finished off her flute of champagne.