XXXVII

XXXVII

Monday 9th April 2007
Time and Date – Unknown

Almost immediately after Zayn's departure, I was stabbed with a needle again. It was only a few inches away from the cut that Zayn had caused and I think Louis had aimed it there purposely. I felt the sting of it in my last moments of consciousness before being swept back into darkness.

When I woke up once more, I felt like my head was hanging loosely from my shoulders. It was throbbing and I suddenly felt nauseous. I look at my surroundings and notice that I'm in the same, dark room. Only this time, I wasn't strapped into the chair; the chairs were now nowhere to be seen. My body was placed on the hard wood flooring, my arms and legs all chained to a hoop coming from the floor. I peer around and eventually spot Harry, he was sat up and his head was in his hands. My hands push myself up, as far as the chains would allow, and I move towards him until I couldn't go further. He hears the rattling of chains and glances up, inspecting my face as I perch beside him.

"Hello." He mutters, no emotion shown in his voice. Even in the dark, I could see his hand running through his chocolate locks. Whether that was my imagination or not, at this point, I was unsure.

"Hello." I reply, not knowing what else to say. My arm moves slightly and I immediately regret it, groaning in pain from the cut.

"Are you okay?" He questions, placing his hand comfortingly on my thigh and I didn't feel phased by it.

"I'm good. It's just my arm." I reply and he nods. We were both over feeling sorry for ourselves; we were just expecting the worst to happen.

"I'm- urm - I'm sorry for what happened to your family." He mumbles, moving his thumb in patterns on my thigh slightly. I glance back up to meet with his eyes, well what I could see of his eyes in the shadows.

"Don't worry about it. It happened a long time ago, almost two years now." I explain and I can feel a brutal atmosphere between us.

There is silence in the room before I decide to speak again.

"Well, you know about mine so I should know about yours." I declare, trying to get as comfortable as I could on the hard floor.

"No, absolutely not." He replies quickly and I roll my eyes, though nobody could see them.

"I want to find at least a little bit of information about the last person I'll interact with." I state and hear him sigh. His hand was gone from my thigh and I hadn't even felt it move away.

"Do you think we're really going to die?" He clues and I nod, but realise that he can't see.

"Most likely."

"Okay, but this is only between us." He orders before beginning and I nod in the darkness. "I was born in England to a single mother who I never knew, much like my father. She was sixteen years old so her mother looked after me until I was put into adoption. When I was still under one year old, I was finally adopted by a lady called Linda Williams. She and I lived in America for most of my childhood and I loved every minute of it. But when I turned twenty, I started to think about my real parents and to say that I was depressed would be an understatement. I thought that I wasn't good enough for anybody so one day, when Linda was at work, I sorted out passports, and whatever, and left my home. I flew to England, changed my phone numbers and decided to make another life here. That's when I met Liam, who in turn introduced me to Flynn. He thought that I looked tough so he wanted to see me again, later asking me to become an agent and I agreed. Being an agent seemed to be even more of the new life for me so I went along with it. And that's it."

"Would you ever want to meet your real parents?" I inquire and I feel him shrug, his left shoulder brushing my right one.

"I don't know. I wouldn't know what to say or how to act." He says. It was the first time that Harry had acted so vulnerable.

"Would you ever see Linda again?"

"I would love to but I don't think I would because I know that she would be so heartbroken and I don't think that I could see her like that." He replies and I nod.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out and he turns to face me.

"What? Why?"

"I judged you too early on and I shouldn't have. So, I'm sorry. You are a good person." I couldn't help the words being said, it may have been because I was going to die soon. Well, supposedly.

"No, it was me who judged you first. I was an asshole to you and for that, I sincerely apologise." He says and I swear; I can see his dimples in the pitch-black room.

"Well, I forgive you Harry Styles."

"I forgive you too, Patience Blake."

Suddenly, the door is swung open and I wait to be able to view whoever it was. The blinding light is switched on again and I see that it is Louis. He was carrying two bags, they looked paper. I hear him huff as he comes nearer to us.

"We bought extra McDonalds." He states, carelessly throwing the bags at us and I almost laugh but I hold it. His body turns to leave and he is nearly out of the door.

"What is the time and date?" I question and his intimidating, sapphire eyes find me.

"The date is 9th April." This is all he says before the door is slammed shut. Luckily, he kept the light on so we could actually see each other now. I felt more confidence in the darkness.

Harry is about to eat a chip before I knock it out of his hand.

"What the hell?" He clues and I roll my eyes.

"Did you learn nothing when you became an agent?" I question sarcastically and he raises an eyebrow. "We need to make sure that it's not poisoned."

"Oh yeah."