XXII

XXII

Saturday 24th March 2007
10:35am

I wake up like something from a Disney movie. The window was letting sunlight flow into my bedroom and I stretch before sitting up. My lips were automatically showing a smile.

It felt good to have another day absent from the HQ. My body rises from the bed and I pad to the kitchen, making a bowl of cereal and a cup of black coffee.

I was attiring an oversized dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows, which I would usually wear over my body when I was home bound. But other than that and underwear, my legs were exposed. My legs were appearing a lot better than before, the scars from the bomb incident were concealed with a tan that I had somehow caught recently.

When my coffee was finally brewed, I held the bowl of cornflakes and coffee in my hands while strolling back to my bedroom. I place them on my bedside table before getting back under the cosy duvet of my bed once more. My mobile isn't turned on and I don't bother, wanting a day free of stress.

I eat my cereal while reading my new copy of Wuthering Heights. The bowl was positioned on my lap, one hand holding the spoon and the other holding the book. I had wanted to read this book for so long and it was great to actually escape into the world of Cathy and Heathcliff after so long of putting it off. When my cereal is gone, I take my coffee and sip that instead. It was rare for me to have such a wonderful moment that was enough to make me happy; an interesting book and food. Lovely.

After another half of an hour passes, there is a rapid knock at my door; even better. Cara must have been here and she would keep me company for the rest of the day.

I stand from my bed, setting my book down and walk into the lounge area. There is another knock at the front door as I near to it. I grip the handle and pull it open, obviously expecting to see Cara.

Suddenly, it reveals Harry instead and I involuntarily yelp. What the actual hell?

I search the corridor which was thankfully deserted and grip his arms, pulling his forcefully inside. His body is pushed against mine for a few seconds. My hand slams the door behind him. If a neighbour had seen him, I would have been in deep trouble.

"I know that you're desperate but Jesus." Harry states sarcastically with a stupid smirk on his lips as he brushes his sleeves, fixing himself. My mind is spinning just hearing Harry's deep voice in my apartment.

It was so abnormal to see Harry, in his uniform, standing in my lounge. I had to blink a few times before realising that this was, in fact, happening.

"What the hell are you doing here? How do you know my address? Who sent you?" I rant those three questions to him with only one intake of breath.

He then steals a clearer view of me and his forest eyes scan my body, a smirk falling on his lips (a dimple appearing on his cheek) at my outfit. Or lack of one.

"Flynn sent me and you need to come to the HQ urgently." He states, still staring at my body with a smirk.

"My eyes are up here, pervert." I tell him and his smirk disappears, his eyes rolling at my words. "Do I really need to go in?" I whine.

"Yeah, you do. Flynn needs us."

"Oh, for crying out loud! Us?" I say to myself and step to the door of my bedroom. "I'm getting changed, don't come in."

He nods, perching on my sofa as I enter my bedroom. "And don't mess with any of my shit." I warn before closing the door.

Great. That was my day ruined in a matter of minutes. I couldn't believe that Harry was in my home. It must have been serious for Flynn to send him here, agents weren't really supposed to contact each other outside of work.

I run into my en-suite bathroom and have my version of a power shower. My hands find my uniform which was folded on my dresser and I start to get ready. I view my stomach muscles in the mirror on my wall as I change into it. Those muscles had been worked so hard for, I adored it much more than I should have every time I got dressed.

After twenty minutes, I am finally fully dressed and I exit my bedroom. Harry stands up as I enter the lounge yet again.

"Finally, I thought you had drowned in the shower." Harry sarcastically remarks but I ignore him as I find my bag from the previous job on the floor by the front door. He would probably appreciate that happening.

I bring it to the sofa and unzip it. My hands fish inside of it and find my two pistols; I also get the strap that held them at my hips. My eyes scan my bedroom, after re-entering it, for another bag and I find a grey one, throwing the supplies inside of it.

"Let's go. Please be quick." I mutter to him and he nods, I open the door and we both step out into the corridor; my hands lock it rapidly before we pace away.

Please stay empty. Please stay empty. I'm contained with hope that none of my neighbours would pass us now. I had to make sure that Cara and Niall wouldn't be notified of an unknown man being at my home. Or that we were both wearing the same uniform.

We exit the apartment block and Harry leads the way to his ebony Range Rover, I get into the passenger seat while Harry joins me in the driver seat. Did every agent have Range Rovers nowadays? They were amazing compared with my car. I put the grey bag by my feet and sit back, sighing with relief of not being caught.

"I can't believe that you know my address." I say as Harry starts the car and begins driving to the HQ.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to turn up and murder you, as much as I would probably like to." He explains with a wild smirk.

"Wow that makes me feel so much better." I state sarcastically and he turns his head as we come to a red traffic light; he gives me an amused simper before turning back to the road.

"You live quite close to the HQ." He informs, like I didn't already know.

"Yeah."

His hands were clutched tightly around the steering wheel and he was incredibly focused on his driving. I could see his jaw flex occasionally but it wasn't rare. He must have been annoyed constantly or just bored enough to flex it whenever he wanted to do something.

"What is it with you and staring at me?" He clues and I glance at my lap.

"You're just strange." I reply and he surprisingly nods.

"Everybody is strange, the whole world is, but some people are better at hiding it than others." He explains confidently and I nod, understanding his words remarkably well. "I'm a strong believer of that."

"I agree." I say and he chuckles.

"Is Patience Blake actually agreeing with me?" He looks at me with a playful grin and I nudge his arm.

"I'm allowed to agree with things, Harry." I state and I could see the dimple in his cheek appear.

"Of course."