XXIV

XXIV

2:56pm

Surprises. They can arrive at any moment, you may be expecting them, and you may not. The surprise may be good, the surprise may be bad but yet it still has the shock and the power to startle you.

We arrive in Stockholm, Sweden after another twenty minutes. The helicopter lands and I jump out, peering at our surroundings for any attackers but the coast was clear. There is another mansion next to us which was clear to be Elena's new home.

"The place is clear." I say to nobody in particular but the pilot nods, getting out too. Elena joins us.

Wait. Where was Harry?

I move back to the helicopter to see Harry turning in his seat to exit the aircraft. He gets out slowly but before he can step anywhere, he collapses to the floor.

"Harry!" I yelp, not thinking, and race to his side, falling to my knees beside him. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I - my leg." He says, wincing. I gaze at his leg and gasp when I see a bullet wound in his thigh. That was obviously why he was so bad at shooting the aircraft.

"Bloody hell, Harry! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" I shout and his eyebrows furrow. Elena and the pilot are still standing by, Elena looks scared shitless and the pilot was trying to contact somebody on his receiver hurriedly.

"For god's sake, Patience! Don't you think I would have told you if I noticed it earlier?! I've only just bloody noticed it, I-" He groans in pain. His hair was sprawled on the floor and his eyes were screwed shut.

"Calm down, I wasn't the one who shot you." I reply but he doesn't take it lightly.

"You may as well have been the one to shoot me! You wouldn't have even known with how clueless you're being right now!" He shouts and I am suddenly overwhelmed with the fright of Harry losing too much blood.

"Just shush, okay!" I huff before forcefully grabbing his shirt and tugging it from over his head, he looked immediately puzzled before a smirk replaces it, even when he is in excruciating pain.

"Patience, I'm in pain. I'm not going to have sex with you." He is amused for a little while before moving his leg and crying out in pain. "No, seriously, why have you got my shirt?" His stomach is exposed but I think nothing of it.

"I'm going to tie it around your leg until the paramedics arrive." I say, silently, focusing on tying the shirt around his leg; adding much needed pressure. His emerald eyes were on my face for the whole time and when I glance up to him, they don't move. My breathing is rapid and I am panicking. "How does that feel?"

"It's stopped the pain a bit." He comments and I stand up, my hands were shaking. I go behind him and hold him under his arms, so he was sitting up. My hands then drag him nearer to the helicopter so he could lean his back against the metal. "Patience, why are you being like this? Why are you so bothered about me?"

I crouch back down to his side and proceed to say the most regrettable words imaginable.

"I don't want to lose you." I tell him, confidently and involuntarily before throwing my hand over my mouth, my eyes wide.

"What the hell?" His eyes are wide and his mouth is hung open in shock. I was as surprised as he was. He chuckles but halts quickly and cries out in pain again at his leg. I dismiss what I have just said and decide to worry about it later, shaking my head.

"What's going on?" I ask the pilot and he turns to face me.

"There is a medical helicopter on its way." He informs me and I turn to Harry again before looking back at the pilot.

"Okay, we should carry Harry inside until they arrive." I advise and the pilot nods. Harry doesn't stop staring at me with a weird expression. It was understandable.

The pilot comes nearer and takes Harry's right arm, I take his left.

"You'll have to just hop on your good leg." I tell Harry and he nods, staring at the ground. He was silent as we helped move him to the entrance of the home. I could sense a newly awkward atmosphere laced around us.

Elena holds the doors open for us as we arrive into the lounge. I carefully drop Harry onto the sofa and take a cushion, putting it behind his back for comfort. The pilot leaves to go to the kitchen, probably for water.

My body perches on the other sofa and I can feel Harry's eyes burn into me but we were both soundless. I put my head in my hands for a few minutes, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Patience?" I hear Harry mutter.

"Harry, not now." I dismiss him, my hands still in my hands. I felt too embarrassed due to my previous words.

"Uh - Patience?" He repeats and I let a sigh escape my lips.

"I said not now. We can speak about it later, I..." I gaze up and gasp when I see where his eyes are gazing.

There was an extreme amount of blood coming from his leg and running down the sofa but I didn't care about the stupid fabric. I stood up and ran to him, taking his shirt which was covered in blood. My hands throw it on the floor, not able to use it any longer.

"Elena!" I call and she rushes inside from the hall.

"Do this place have any towels or blankets?!" I loudly question to her and she nods, racing upstairs to search for some.

My eyes scan Harry and I can tell that he is becoming unconscious. My fingers lace with his soft curls as I hold his heavy head up.

"No, no, no. Harry, please stay awake." I advise, his head was constantly threatening to fall back. "Elena! Hurry up!"

She returns hurriedly and throws a pile of shirts at me. I take one and wrap it around his leg, wrapping another tightly above it to hopefully stop him from losing more blood. Elena sits on the other sofa as I finish up tying the shirts. There are sweat beads on Harry's forehead so I pace to the kitchen, wrapping some ice in a towel.

My legs return me to the lounge and I hold the covered ice on his head. He is still silent but his eyes are much more open than they were a few seconds previously. His eyes just stare at his hands as I am perched beside him.

"I'm so sorry. I feel like this is my entire fault." Elena speaks up, tears falling from her eyes suddenly. I tiredly look up at her, my hand still pressing the ice on Harry's head. I was stressed enough; all I needed was for this girl to start hysterically sobbing.

"It's not your fault. It's our job; it's the risk of our job." I explain reassuringly but it visibly didn't make her feel any better.

"I just wish that my sister had never met that ghastly man. He caused all of this." She begins to rant and I feel Harry turn his head to face her.

"What are you talking about? You have a sister?" I question, not knowing that Flynn had another daughter.

"I had a sister called Jacqueline, Jackie for short. But he killed her. He killed her in front of my father. He was messed up - so messed up. She was moving away, she was breaking up with him but he couldn't let her do that to him. He just turned into this mad-man. Like another identity was taken over by him. That's why my father set up the organisation, to find him and kill him." She threw such confidential information at Harry and I so confidently that my eyes were wide; Harry's probably were too.

"Who is him?" I ask and she opens her mouth to speak.

"Her ex-boyfriend, his name was Zay-" She begins.

"Patience! The helicopter is here!" The pilot calls, interrupting her, from the hall where he had been peering from the window. I still couldn't get the thoughts of the murderer out of my mind, if he was involved with Flynn, why would this guy murder my family too?

"Thank god." I exclaim as I hear the front door open and footsteps directing to the lounge. Elena stands up.

Three men in medical uniforms raced in and immediately noticed a poor-looking Harry. They go to him, one of them crouching to his level on the sofa and opening his bag of medical equipment. All I could do was stand helplessly watching as Harry was inspected and checked by the paramedics. I felt useless.

Not being able to do a thing.