Sleepover

Kim POV

I looked out the window to see Jack; he winked at me and smiled. I got a text on my phone.

“You got a text” Jayde said stating the obvious.

“Yeah I know; can you pass it please?”

“Yeah sure” she smiled handing me my purple IPhone 5.

I saw Jack had texted me and he said,

‘Hey Kimmy I was wondering if you wanted to go and get a slice of pizza tomorrow before practice?’

‘Sure, sounds good’ I texted back.

‘Hey you need something? I can go out if you need something?’

‘Um, I don’t right now but tomorrow after practice I kind of need something from the store…’

‘Okay I can come with you, as your protector!’ he exclaimed.

‘Yeah okay, I will see you tomorrow! Gtg! Bye’

‘Bye Kimmy ’

I paid attention back to the screen and we continued watching the movies. By 1 am Jayde laid at the edge of the bed clutching the remote. I held my phone and fell asleep.

-Hours later-

*Beep, Beep, Beep!*

My IPhone rang and I answered it.

“Hello?”

“Kim it’s me! There was an emergency I had to go home! I did not know if you got my note or text. My Mom is really sick and she called me at night to come and help her. She has really bad stomach pain and she’s throwing up. Tell Mrs. Diego I’m not going to be at school until after lunch please! See you later, oh also don’t worry I cleaned up all the mess! See you later.”

Jayde yelled into the phone then hanging up.

My room was just as clean as it was before, maybe even cleaner. Then I looked over at my clock in shock.

“7:41 am? What! Why did my alarm not go off at 6:30? I can’t believe it! I’m going to be late for school!” I screamed. Rushing to get dressed, I pounced to my one good leg while the other slightly ached. My head hurt and I stumbled into the closet grabbing a comfy black hoodie, and white skinny jeans that had ripped shreds on the knees. My leg did not hurt and the jeans did not press because I was just a bit too skinny in the thighs for the pants. I put on some low cut black Chuck Taylor’s (low high tops) while doing my hair in a high ponytail. I hurried downstairs, grabbed my backpack, wallet, phone, and keys. I also found a pack of gum by the door. Yum spearmint my favorite type of gum. I looked at my phone, only 7:57. I ran to the bathroom and put on some mascara while grabbing my lip gloss. I ran out the door to meet Jack who was waiting at the end of my walk.