Chapter 6: Answers, Beckett

..New York Police Department...Gate's office...

...July 11th, 2015...12:58 PM...

"Beckett," Gates said. "I know you are very good detective but why did you have to kill our number one suspect?'

"He was on our tail, sir," Beckett said. "We had no choice."

Gates lean against her desk folding her arms.

"You can explain to me," Gates said.

"Sir, you won't believe me," Beckett said.

"I've heard more crazy stories in my career, Beckett," Gates said.

Beckett sighs, and then explains.

Our view transfers to outside the office straight in to the precinct at Beckett's desk. Castle sat in his usual chair where across from him sat Ryan and Esposito with a really intrigued facial expression on their faces. Alexis is in a room where she could feel safe. No one found T-11 back at Castle's place. T-11 must have survived the fight.

"So," Ryan said. "How did the suspect find you again?"

"He tracked me," Castle said. "With my phone."

"A NSA member tracking you down and sent an odd assassin?" Esposito said. "Sorry but that sounds crazy!"

The phone to the desk rings and Castle picks it up.

"Hello!" Castle said. "Castle here."

"This is T-11," T-11 said.

"Ah, hi Mom," Castle said, with a smug smile.

"Mr Castle, how did you defeat him?" T-11 asks.

"We're fine," Castle said. "Alexis is shaken up but otherwise fine. We used a bunch of cars to crash into the liquid nitrogen and get the liquid concrete to spill."

"Good," T-11 said. "I will start building the Time Displacement Field. At least not as complex."

"I'll see you,Mom," Castle said.

Castle hangs up. We can see on T-11's side of the scene that he is at a payphone wearing a hoody covering his face. T-11 had one side of his face's flesh missing; yet he retained both eyes and his right eyebrow. His left eyebrow is gone, really gone. Though that will take a while to heal for T-11. T-11 hangs up the phone then turns away.

Our scene returns to inside Gate's office.

"So you are telling me that a robot from the future was sent after Richard Castle?" Gates asks, in disbelief.

"Yes," Beckett said.

"Our Richard Castle?" Gates asks, stunned.

"Yes sir," Beckett said.

"And what does this robot calls itself?" Gates asks.

"Series 1000," Beckett said. "But more so known as T-1000."

Gates unfolds her arms.

"Are you telling me Castle visited the future?" Gates asks, in disbelief.

"Not our future," Beckett said. "One possible future."

Gates blinks.

"I don't get it," Gates said.

"He went into another world," Beckett said. "A fictional world."

"Oh," Gates said. "So that suspect..."

"Is a Terminator," Beckett said. "A mimetic polyalloy model."

"What makes Castle so important to these Terminators?" Gates asks.

Beckett shrugs.

"I don't know," Beckett said. "Castle has asked his legion of fans through a series of twitter tweets."

Castle's phone vibrates outside, so we see him hold up a finger and check out what recently had been posted.

"If Castle is so important then why didn't they kill him before he was born?" Gates asks.

"Because we would have gotten another John Connor, theoretically," Beckett said.

Gates frowns.

"We do not know the reason and guessing Castle would have been the next 'John Connor' is unfathomable," Gates said.

"And made Skynet's existence," Beckett said. "Skynet exists because John Connor exists."

"So you are saying we may or may not have our own version of Skynet?" Gates asks.

"No, sir," Beckett said. "I know for a fact Castle's father is not a soldier from the future."