Chapter 2: Man missing

...2029...

...LA...

"What happened here?" John asks.

"Apparently Skynet is still functioning somewhere and sent a Terminator to eliminate Richard Castle," Morgan said. "Jessica is gone, Connor."

John looks down towards the disturbed sight where Jessica had once been lying dead. She is being buried during a funeral for those who greatly cared about her.

"Bring in the dogs, Derek," John said.

Derek whistles.

In came K-Nines sniffing around the complex. The two dogs bark at the teleporter as though a Terminator is there when there is not. John found it strange the dogs are barking randomly at thin air when no one is there. The wheels below spun sending energy flying and a great ball is formed in the shades of blue where inside is a outlined kneeling figure.

"Where is Tyler?" John asks.

"He is gone, Connor," Morgan said. "T-11 was sent with Castle."

"Everyone, take cover!" John shouts as the speed to the metal hovering rings is accelerating and smoke is drifting off the machine. "It is going to blow!"

The Resistance ran out of the building then take cover except for the dogs as they kept running.

Ba-boom! Went the time displacement field building.

John looks over seeing the smoke drifting out.

"Oh no," John said. "History is being made."

"Connor, are you okay?' Marcus Hemmington asks.

"Fine," John said, getting up. "But I can't say the same for Castle."

"He'll be fine," Hemmington said. "Castle3 has T-11."

"But they do not have what we have," John said.

"You said history is being made," Hemmington said.

"Not the kind of history I want," John said. "We have to get Tyler back and that Terminator into their right time."

"What kind of history are you thinking, Connor?" Hemmington asks.

"Skynet exists as fiction in Castle's world," John said. "If this Terminator begins Skynet where I do not exist then humanity is doomed."

"Oh," Hemmington said.

"I can try to fix it," Morgan said. "But it is gonna take a-while."

"Long as Skynet is not able to time travel; take all the time you need," John said, hopeful.

John looks up towards the sky that is clearing.

Hold on, buddy, John thought.