Chapter 4

Mira walked to the palace since her horse was tired. She wore a purple dress that came off the shoulders and was a little puffy. She stopped in front of the palace and went inside as a guard showed her where to go. She thanked him and guards opened the doors, and there stood the royal family with their partners. The Princess was not married yet of course, she was still too young, but her boyfriend was in the room. She felt a little awkward seeing as the whole royal family was there, and she didn't want to make a fool out of herself. She smiled politely as she stood there unsure of what to do. Laxus walked up to her and she had white gloves that reached her elbow or mid arm, and the ring was over the glove. That was how people dressed.

He offered her his hand and she gratefully took, and they sat side by side in two chairs in front of the five people present. The King looked more than pleased, and the Princess was jumping in excitement. The younger prince, however, was glaring at her. She wondered why though, she had never met him or ever done anything to offend him.

She sat with her ankles crossed, and her hands in her lap. "Well, we've all heard the news, congratulations dear." Mackorov said and Mira smiled at him. "So you're Mirajane?" The Princess asked and her boyfriend looked a little embarrassed as she propped her elbow on her knee. "I'm sorry, she's excited." He apologized. "Oh I don't mind at all." Mira said brightly. He looked a little relieved, seeing as she would be the Queen soon. "Well I find it highly un lady like." Minerva Sting's wife said shaking her head.

Mira did not like his wife very much. She didn't make a very good first impression, in her opinion, but she let it not show. After having tea with the royal family that she would be a part of soon they all went their separate ways. She was going to tell Laxus the truth. Here and now. "Laxus. I really need to tell you what I actually meant to tell you back at the garden yesterday. The truth is that I'm..." She was cut off as the King came up. "Alright! The wedding is in two days!" He exclaimed and Mira felt a pang in her chest. He turned back to her. She took a deep breath. "I'm a s..." She was cut off as the Princess came up to her with her boyfriend trailing behind her. "Hello Lady Mirajane." She said and Mira smiled at the younger woman. "Hello Princess." She said curtsying. "Brother, I really like her." She said before skipping off with the poor boy following behind her. Mira and Laxus talked most of the afternoon, and soon Mira had to go home. "Shall you come to tea tomorrow?" He asked and Mira smiled warmly. "Yes, I shall." She said walking off, happy.

What she had no clue of, was that she was being followed. She was in front of her house, and she was grabbed, a hand covering her mouth and she was dragged away unable to make a single sound. Her glove that did not have the ring on it fell from her hand as she fought and struggled to get free. She tried to stay conscious, but the thing over her mouth made her do the opposite of that. Soon, everything was black.

Lisanna paced around the room nervously. Mira hadn't come home the night before, and she was getting ready for work. Who knew what would happen if she missed a day's work for Evergreen? She shuddered at the thought, but remembered that Mira was marrying the Prince, and all that pain that she had endured would end. She walked up to the gates where her Master, Bixlow's home was, and she walked inside. He knew that Mira was indeed a servant, and she wanted to ask her Master a favour. She knew it was wrong but she felt that her master would do her a favour. She gulped as she approached him. "Hello Master." She said and bowed. "Now, what did I say about bowing? It'll hurt your back, only bow when other masters are here." He said kindly, smiling. Lisanna stood straight up. "Master, can I ask you a favour?" She asked nervous out of her mind. He nodded. "What kind of favour?" He asked. "My sister didn't come home last night, and I just want to know if she's still at the palace." She said and he nodded. "I'll go see an old friend then." He smiled and Lisanna felt relieved. "Thank you." She said hurrying to go clean or do something that she was supposed to.