Chapter 3

Mira's eyes fluttered open as sunlight streamed into the room. She got out of bed and looked over at Lisanna who was sleeping peacefully.

She sneaked into Elfman's room, and she made sure that he was still alive. He was fortunately, but she knew very well that they were running out of time. Mira didn't want to tell Lisanna, but she was on the brim of loosing all hope. She had thought that maybe before the ball she had thought that if she became the Prince's bride, she would be able to save Elfman. But she soon realized that it was wrong to think like that, and that he was too much of a good man to have his feelings played.

Work for Evergreen was as hard and painful as ever. When her shift finally came to an end, she hurried home to get ready. She washed her hair and body, and quickly went into the little cross base and into her mother's chest. The yellow gown was back in its place, and this time she took a red dress with long sleeves that got bigger at the wrists and it drooped downwards, and she had blue lace going up the top of the dress. It had little blue lace designs that resembles flowers all brooded together at the hem of her dress. It was a casual dress that her mother often wore it to tea or to go on a horse ride.

She took out her horse, and she headed towards the palace. She saw the prince sleeping in a tree in the side of the court and she pulled her horse to a stop, gracefully jumping down and walking towards him. As she got nearer, he jumped down from the tree his eyes narrowing. "I'm sorry; I didn't mean to startle you, your Highness." She said curtsying. His face brightened and he smiled. "My lady," He greeted holding his arm out and Mira gratefully took it, and she held her horse's rains as she and the Prince talked.

Laxus had actually been worried that Mirajane would not show up. He was indeed glad that she had come.

Once they arrived at the palace's front gates, someone took Mira's horse and escorted it to the stables where it would be groomed.

She and Laxus entered a small sunroom that was only windows, and in the middle sat a table with the King sitting in one of the chairs. Mira sat in one of the chairs acting of great nobility, and Laxus sat next to her. A servant came in carrying a tray with a teapot and some teacups and saucers, along with some biscuits. He placed everything and poured tea, and once he had finished Mira's cup, she smiled. "Thank you." She said shocking all the people in the room, but they chose not to question it.

Tea was over and the King was bursting with joy. He unfortunately had to go for a meeting. "I hope to see you again some day your Majesty." Mira smiled curtsying.

The King smiled. "I hope we shall meet again Lady Mirajane." He said leaving the two adults to themselves. "Would you like to accompany me for a stroll in the palace gardens?" He offered kindly and Mira smiled seeing that it was still early. "It would be my honour." She said walking beside him and out of the palace.

The gardens were the most beautiful thing that Mira had ever seen in her life. She saw a few children playing in the court, probably the children of the servants. One of them fell near Mira and she bent down next to him. Tears pooled in his eyes and he was trying to hold back the tears from falling. Mira smiled at him. "Hello there, what is your name? I'm Mirajane." Mira said and the boy sniffed. "Toby..." He said quietly seeing as the Prince was in presence. "Is it your knee that hurts Toby?" She asked and Toby nodded. Mira bent down and kissed his knee. "All better?" She asked and he nodded smiling and Mira got up, holding her hand out for the little boy to take. He got up and ran off to go play with his friends.

Mira smiled as she watched him running off. Laxus stood there dumbfounded, but he regained his composure once Mira turned around, her face bright. "You are fond of children?" He asked and Mira smiled. "Oh yes. I simply adore children." She said and he smiled. They walked around the garden, and learned more about each other. The sun was setting and Mira was sad that it was. "I should get going now Your Highness." She said smiling. "Are you free this weekend my lady?" He asked and Mira smiled. "Not that I can think of your Highness." She said politely. "Please, do call me Laxus when we are alone." He insisted. "If you wish Your- Laxus." She said and he smiled. "Do let me accompany you home my lady." He said and Mira shook her head feeling a little nervous. "Oh, but Laxus, I do not want to be a bother to your everyday routine." Mira rejected politely. "It wouldn't be a bother my lady. It would be my honour to accompany you." He insisted. Mira knew that the truth would come out if he accompanied her home. She opened her mouth to reply, but voices caught his attention.