38 - The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners?

Start from the beginning

"Dorothy is a big tea drinker" I explained, looking along the shelves, "She likes all the different flavoured teas but the home only supply plain old Earls Grey. I like to come and pick her up a bunch of boxes every now and then to keep her going"

Liam looped his arm round my waist and pulled me to his side, giving me a quick but sweet kiss on the forehead.

"You really care about her don't you?" he asked, fixing me with a warm gaze.

"I do" I admitted, "She's an amazing lady. I just wish her family made more of an effort with her"

"She's lucky to have you" Liam commented, letting go off me so he could reach up and pull down a box of peppermint tea.

"Does she like this kind?" he asked, holding it up to me.

"It's one of her favourites" I grinned.

*****

"What a lovely surprise" Dorothy greeted us as we stepped into her room.

We'd purchased several different boxes of tea and then we'd decided to treat her to some luxury Belgian chocolates.

Her eyes glowed with happiness when we passed her the items.

"Kaydie you spoil me too much!" she halfheartedly scolded me as she slowly moved to get up, "Let me fix us all a cup"

"Stay sat down" Liam insisted, "I'll boil the kettle for you"

Dorothy sat down as Liam swiftly moved into one of the small rooms that joined on to the main room. I heard running water as he filled up the kettle.

"Liam bought half of it" I told her, not able to keep the smile off my face.

It was so sweet that he'd wanted to pay towards it.

"He's a keeper" Dorothy whispered, raising her eyebrows at me.

"He is" I replied quietly, feeling my cheeks heating up.

I listened as Dorothy spoke about her friends in the home and about a day out that was being planned to a theatre production.

"Sounds lovely" I told her truthfully.

Liam walked back into the room carrying a teapot on a tray. There was an assortment of other items on it, including several spoons, a small pot of milk and sugar.

"Um, I wasn't really sure what was needed" he said, placing the tray down on Dorothys coffee table.

"You've brought everything we need" Dorothy beamed at him.

After the drinks were poured (and chocolates were eaten) I sat listening as Dorothy told Liam more about Bill's fighting career.

Liam was fixated on her every word, clearly in awe of the man that neither of us had been lucky enough to meet.

"He worked long hard shifts doing manual labour, but he'd be straight in the gym afterwards - always training"

I glanced at Liam, that sounded just like him.

"People thought he wouldn't be successful or make any money out of it, but he did. He proved them wrong. It wasn't even about money for Bill-"

"It's the love of the sport" Liam grinned, finishing Dorothys sentence.

Dorothy shook her head, smiling to herself.

"You sound just like him" she chuckled.

Her eyes widened and went misty and she took a longer sip from her cup than usual.