Chapter 9

Emma's POV
_________________

"This bitch better get her fucking hands off my man!"

"What a slut."

"Fucking whore."

"Eww, wtf is this?! That better not be Ethan Dolan! If it is...bitch you better run."

My eyes watered, and tears threatened to fall down my face. But I forced myself to swallow them back down and stay strong, it's just a couple of comments. And I can't let the teacher see me cry, she'll ask what's wrong and try to get into the situation. And I can't let that happen.

A picture of Ethan and I had somehow managed to find its way onto social media, and lots of people weren't very happy about it. Especially his fans. The picture was obviously taken earlier this morning, it was when Ethan and I were talking to each other by my locker. But of course, this picture just had to be of us kissing.

"Okay, Emma, you are dismissed." Ms. Jones told me

I stood up and swung my backpack over my shoulder, exiting the classroom. So many thoughts were going through my head right now, maybe I should've cared if people were watching...

"I need to tell Ethan.." I whispered to myself.

Instead of going to my house, I went straight to the Dolan's place. I took a deep breath and walked up the stone pathway that was in the front of their house, and rang the doorbell. I nervously wiped my sweaty palms on the side of my jeans and waited for someone to answer the door. After a couple of minutes, nobody answered, so I rang the doorbell again.

"Coming!" I heard a muffled yell come from inside.

The front door swung open, revealing a tired looking Ethan. I looked him in the eyes, and I just couldn't take it.

Ethan's POV
________________

I opened the door to see Emma standing there. Relief washed over me and I smiled at her, pulling her into a quick embrace.

"Ethan, we need to talk." she told me

I gave her a confused look and let her inside. I wonder what this is about...?

"What is is Emma, is everything alright?" I asked worriedly as I looked down at her stressed face.

I lead her up to my room and she sat down on my bed, putting her head in her hands. I sat down beside her, gently rubbing her back.

"They know.." she whispered

"What are you talking about?" I questioned, getting slightly anxious.

"Ethan, they know about us!" she told me, raising her voice.

My eyes widened in shock as her words ran through my head, who could they have found out about our relationship? And wait a minute, is she talking about my fans?

"Wait Emma, who knows?"

"Basically everyone on Twitter!" she yells

Fuck. My fans must be going crazy...I run my hands though my hair in frustration and let out a heavy sigh, this is going to be a wild ride.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask her

"I-I don't know, Ethan. But we have to explain.." she tells me, a tear slipping down her cheek.

It breaks my heart to see her like this, she's deserves to be happy and smile. I don't want her to have to deal with bunch of stress because of this situation, so I'm going to need to take matters into my own hands.

"Here, just go home and I'll figure things out." I say, rubbing her thigh.

She gives me a worried look, and I try to comfort her by giving her a soft kiss on the lips.

"Don't worry Emma, things will be alright."

She gives me a weak smile and stands up, walking towards the door. She slightly waves from the doorway and walks down the stairs, and out the front door. I watch as she heads down the stone path and turns onto the sidewalk, she's so perfect...

I grabbed my phone and quickly tweeted about this situation, I needed to give them an answer.

.@EthanDolan: yes, that's me in the picture, and yes, I'm kissing a girl. but so what? I'm allowed to have feelings for whoever I want. this is the reason why I can't trust you guys with this sort of stuff...grow up.

I got a bunch of tweets from people saying they were sorry and all that, but there still were a whole lot of people sending hate towards Emma. It really bothered me, but there's only so much I can do...

{heyyy what's up guys}