Chapter Thirty-Three - Part Two

Start from the beginning

I smiled in amazement at the girl looking back at me. "Do I look okay?"

Tutting at me, she folded my clothes from today and placed them inside my bag. "You look incredible and if that dog doesn't appreciate it just remember, there are plenty of other perfectly fine looking wolves out there who would jump you in a heart beat."

Ever the lady, I thought struggling to keep my laughter under control. "Thank you Bella and I really am sorry."

Waving me off with her hand, she leaned forward on her tip toes and planted a kiss on my cheek. "I always forgive." She smiled. "The first time." I didn't even want to ask what she would do the second time. "Holy crap on a stick! You're going to be late."

"What?!" Suddenly my heart was in my throat and everything felt all the more real. "Oh my God, I can't be late. Fashionably late, but not overly late."

Handing me a cream coloured clutch, she grabbed her keys off the side as she ushered me out. "Trust me babe, you'll think you're in the batmobile."

In record time, Bella pulled up outside of my house. "I can't do this." Panic kicked in with an almighty boot to my stomach.

"Yes, you can."

"I know, but I don't want to."  

"Yes, you do." She rolled her eyes. "Now get that booty out of my damn car and go suck face with lover boy." Making a gagging motion, she waved her hand, giving me no other option but to leave the car. "Have a good night and don't do anything I wouldn't." She smirked with a wink.

Before I knew it I was standing alone on my front porch deciding whether or not I should wait in the house. When Bella and I had left the coffee shop I had called my mom to tell her I was going out with Mason. Of course she squealed down the phone for five minutes before actually letting me speak. I had also text her as soon as he called to tell her he was picking me up at eight.

She had made me promise to come back before I left, my dad was already out, but I was glad of that, I don't think I could handle someone else's excitement on top of my own.

The sound of the door opening behind me had me instinctively squeezing my eyes shut. "He's not here yet then." My mom whispered, standing with only her head popping out behind the door.

I quickly turned round. "No mom, please go in."

"He's late."

Oh my God. "Shush, I know." I didn't know, but after checking my phone I saw she was right. He was ten minutes late. Crap.

Paying no attention to my request, she tugged on the back of my dress. "Hasn't he called?"

"I'm sure he'll be here soon." I said, not knowing whether I was trying to convince her or myself. "Mom you're kind of looking like a creep." I laughed. If anyone was watching, they'd probably be thinking the same thing about me.

Grabbing hold of my hand, she spun me around to face her and wrapped her arms around me. "You look beautiful." Her voice broke as she sniffled. "Absolutely beautiful." Pulling back for me, she looked at every inch of my face. "He's a very lucky boy and I hope he knows that."

I smiled and leaned forward to kiss her forehead. "Thank you, mom."

Her lips suddenly formed an 'O' as we both heard the sound of a car in the distance. "That's my cue." She kissed me again. "Have a good night and be home no later than midnight, understand?" 

"Got it." I said absentmindedly. My thoughts were too busy being a jumbled mess of nervousness, excitement and anticipation. "Love you." I whispered just before the door closed.