Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Ashton's POV

I open my eyes ready to face the sudden impact of pain to stay on my body, but instead, I felt nothing. I remember when getting hit; it felt like piles of huge rocks crashing towards me and knocked me out. Everything was turning to black very quickly.

Seconds later, I can actually see light, not exactly yet, it was blurry but it was better than seeing pitch black—or worst, nothing. I was feeling fine, until I saw myself lying dead at the hospital bed. The doctors instantly started doing many test and examines me, one or two of them carefully cleaning up my wound in my arms, while the other one was hooking up the IV system to my body.

Doctors and nurses we're frantically surrounding me, yet also calm at the same time. They didn't even notice me standing there but when one of them passes me, they just went through me. Like, literally though me like some sort of portal.

I tap on one of the doctor's shoulders but my finger just went through.

"Hey?" I ask. I asked it repeatedly and then I noticed they actually can't hear me as well.

The first words that popped into my head was; "What the actual fuck?"

I looked around and saw myself in clear steel tray that is next to me, reflecting me as if it was a mirror. I look fine, and then I glance to my body on the bed, and I was a mess. I see lots of scratches on my face and I am terrified of the amount of blood coming out rapidly. They pulled out the defibrillator and placed the electric device and rubbed it together, then onto my chest, shocking me few times. My chest rises up once the electrocution and because of the occurrence happening before me, my body stiffens to even move a muscle, making me horribly watch at my self be in imperilment.

I couldn't bear to see what's happening so I shut my eyes closed, and looked away when I saw myself being in such horrid situation, mentally blocking the sound off my ears, mostly when I saw my chest going slightly upward every time they say "clear". I didn't like what I was seeing, or being surrounded with, right in front of me so I started my way straight out for the door. I grab the knob but instead I went through it. What the fuck is happening?

I stare at the grey-coloured door which separates me and my own fucked up body at the other side. Then it hit me, Am I dead?

I hear someone whimpering and peevishly swearing just around the corridors. I look around and see a girl with black hair on her knees.

"Dear god please let him be okay." She prays. That voice .In short second, I can't believe that she's here.

"Kris?" I ask softly. She jumps a little and quickly stands up from the floor. She turns around and my heart instantly drops when I see her tears breaming around her eyes. It hurts seeing her hurt.

But wait a damn second. Did she hear me?

"Ashton?" She whispers and then wipes her tears away.

She did. She heard me.

Can she see me too?

Her lips were nearly half-parted, "What the fuck, Ashton. Why are you here?" She mutters.

There it is; she can.

She blinks so many times that it's like she can't believe she sees me. How is she able to see and hear me when those doctors and nurses in the other room can't?

"I was about to ask you the same thing." I answered. I walk towards her slowly, but she didn't even flinch. It's like she's frozen in place. I place my hand on her shoulders, but surprisingly, it didn't go through her.

"Kris..." I spoke, hoping what I'm thinking is wrong. She turns to her heels and sprinted out to my room where the doctors are 'fixing me up'.

Minutes later, she comes back, panting. "Wait, Ashton, you should go back." She says quietly.

"Go back where?"

She's still out of breath but manages to breathe enough, "Your body. You're still alive. You're just unconscious, maybe in a short coma. Get your bloody ass soul back to your body before-"

"Is anyone here?" Someone asks. We both look at the opposite direction and a nurse walks around the same hall with us nervously.

"Shit." Kris mutters under her breath.

"Yea, sorry." I said. But the nurse didn't hear me and starts to walk pass and away from us. Kris looks at me with shocked expression on her face.

"She didn't hear you?" She asks, confused.

I shrug my shoulders, "Guess not."

The puzzled look on her face describes it all. It tells how confused as I am. "But she heard me. How didn't she hear you?" she asks.

"I don't know. But Kris, how are you able to see and hear me while the others can't?" I ask, half of it, I might know the answer but I didn't want to accept it as well.

"Never mind that, Ashton, I think its best that you don't know about it too. Come on, if you don't know how to get back to your body, I think I know some people who can help you out-"

"Kris," I cut her off her rambles. I needed answers.

She takes a sharp breath and looks at me with sympathy. She thinks for long seconds and I never thought her answer would be making me question about her more.

"Ashton..." she speaks softly. She rubs her hands on her face before turning back her gaze at me. She takes a deep breath and sighs, "I'm already dead."

a/n: bloody hell