15. Testing Limits

Jordan's POV*

That night, Nash didn't sleep. He didn't eat. He barely moved. Every time I tried to comfort him, he'd push me away. I don't know how to help him.

Cameron's POV*

"Just tell me if she's ok!" I yelled. Aspyn shook her head, smirking.

"You'll get ideas."

"No I won't!" I fought back. "I just need to know she's fine." I banged my fist against the table, making her jump.

"Listen, it's best you get over her. You probably won't see her ever again. She'll move on and marry someone and you should too...... but Miss Meredith." she turned around and left me alone.

A few moments later, Mary walked in, smirking. "She's right, you know, darling? Just let her go, I can please you so much more." She walked up to me and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"I don't care about you." I said, pushing her away from me. "What happened between us was a mistake." I balled my hands into fists and pushed past her. "The only thing you can do is let me live with Jordan in peace, but you won't, you insufferable bitch."

Jordan's POV*

I straightened the black dress and pushed my hair out of my face. I slipped on my black heels and walked downstairs. Everyone was asleep. Obviously, it was 5:30 am.

It's been a few weeks and today is Tez's funeral. His family decided to have it early so there were not any disturbances.

I got into the car and looked at Nash. He's been crying. I took my thumb and wiped away his tears. "Don't worry, Nash. It'll get better, I promise." he pulled me into a hug, holding me tight. He cried into my shoulder. At first, I was taken by surprise, from how sudden it was, but within seconds, hugged him back. "Shh... Don't cry.... It'll get better."

**********

After the funeral, us two stood before his grave. He held my hand, securely. "She did this to him.... She had him killed. And she has Cam, doing God knows what..... She has to pay." he said, his grip tightening.

"Nash-"

"I will not let her actions go unpunished.... I'll kill her for this." he looked down at me, his usually bright eyes a new and deep blue color. He looked at me, almost for reassurance to do it. To kill her. "She'll pay."

"Yes.... She will."

***********

Weeks have passed and we've gotten our guns. We left my house and stayed and practiced at an abandoned warehouse. Everyone's fired at least 5 guns this week, training to take down the psycho that stole Cameron from me.

I didn't want to think about the things she's said to him. Done to him. If they did things together. If he believed her...... If he'll stay with her.

I didn't want those ideas running through my head. I had hope in Cameron. That we'll get him out alive and the same as he was before. That nothing would change and I could love him and he'd be with everyone he loves. Almost as if all of this never happened.

It was 1:45am and I was still awake. I punched and punched at the punching bag, pretending it was Mary. It felt good to get my anger out but I knew it wouldn't solve anything. "Whoa, whoa whoa! Calm it down." I heard someone say. I turned and saw Gilinsky.

"Hey, Jack...." I said, out of breath.

"Are you ok?" he asked. "Looks like you're killing the punching bag." he chuckled and rubbed his eyes.

It took me a minute but I realized, soon. "Oh my God! I'm keeping you up." I said, taking the straps off of the gloves.

"No no! I couldn't sleep at all so I was on my phone. But later, I heard you so I came downstairs. I thought you were Nash actually." we laughed a little. "Can I see? Ya know, how you punch?" I shrugged and fastened the gloves.

I threw a few punches with my non-dominant arm, then some hard strikes with my dominant arm. I turned to him for approval but, he shrugged. "Seriously?" he chuckled.

"It's weak, I'm sorry." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"And you can do better?"

"Yes, actually... But, I'd rather help you. Nothing's beneficial if only one person is great." I shrugged and nodded. Suddenly, I felt his hands on my waist. He turned my hips but, kept his hands there. "Your stance sucks." he turned me back and forth. "Every time you pivot, strike with your dominant arm. Then you get more force." he let go of my waist and smirked. "Try it." I pivoted my legs and struck with my right fist. The punching bag moved substantially. "Not bad, dork." I playfully rolled my eyes and nudged him.

"Alright, let's go to bed. We have, what, four and a half hours left of sleep before training? Come on." he shrugged and shook his head.

"You go. Imma hang out for a little."

"Alrighty." I walked up the steps to my makeshift bedroom.

Cameron's POV*

I sat at the long dining table and glared at Mary. "Darling, drink some wine. You haven't touched your food once."

"Could've poisoned it." I mumbled.

"Why would I ever poison you, Cameron?" she sighed and rubbed her temples. "Listen... Remember when Beau Brooks took your precious Jordan?" My grip on the knife I had tightened.

"Like it was yesterday."

"Oh, he was so classy, I was tempted to work with him... Any who, do you remember the ball? You snuck in a few of your men?"

"What's your point?"

"I know where they are, Cameron. All of your friends, family.... Everyone you love. Hell, I could have Jordan and your little friends killed with the snap of my fingers."

"You're bluffing."

"As we speak, they're sleeping.... Well except Jordan and.... What's his name? Jack Gilinsky? They're having some one on one time."

"Stop lying."

"It's nothing sexual.... Well it won't be, yet.... Listen, back to the ball.... I was wondering if you would mind if I host one. Is that ok, darling?"

"What's your motive?"

"No motive. You just get to see a few of your friends. All of them, actually. Well, except Carter, he's asleep at the moment."

"You bitch-"

"I take that as you're fine with it. I'm glad." she stood up and smirked. "Darling, can you unzip my dress, I feel a little confined. She walked over to me and turned around.

I stood up in a matter of seconds with the knife at her throat. "Dumb bitch, I can kill you."

"So can I, and Jordan. Don't forget how your actions determine if everyone you love lives. Don't do it, darling, this is plain stupid. Put the knife down and unzip me." I sighed, defeated, and stabbed it into the table. I took a hold of the zipper and pulled it down. She sighed shaking her head. "That was mahogany."