1. Alex?

Me and Nash walked back from our day of hanging out and said goodbye. I sat in my dorm room and prepared to go to bed. My roommate, Camilla, was probably out parting, as usual.

I brushed my teeth, changed into pajama shorts and a tank. I took my dirty clothes hamper and walked to the school laundromat. It was a clear night, a pretty one. No one was in sight.

I walked in the laundromat and put my clothes in the wash, but noticed a tall figure across the room. I turned and saw Alex, Cameron's "twin". "Hey... Alex, right?" I asked, smiling.

"Yeah. I met you today, right?" I nodded and smiled.

"I'm Jordan." he shook my hand and smiled a breathtaking smile.

"A pretty name for a pretty girl.... so, you go here?" he asked.

"Yup... I'm a Harvard girl. You must go here since you're doing your laundry in the Harvard Laundry Room." we both laughed and blushed a little.

"Yeah... I just transferred here.... I was recently in the hospital."

"I'm so sorry to hear that. It wasn't too bad, was it?" I asked, worried.

"I was... in a coma..." he scratched the back of his neck. "I don't like talking about it, I'm sorry."

"No no, I get it. I had a tough past, too..." I put my laundry in the wash and grabbed my hamper. "So, I'll see you around... Alex?"

"Yeah... Jordan." he laughed an adorable laugh and focused on his laundry. I couldn't help but notice his smile.... so much like Cameron's.

I walked back to my dorm, smiling like an idiot, and ready to see Alex as soon as I can.

**********

My alarm clocked beeped loud, making me jump out of bed. It was 7:30 and I had 30 minutes to get to class. We were starting a new essay on a new book which I was kind of excited for. I love reading and writing.

I hopped in the shower for ten minutes then got out. I blow dried my hair, then put on a blue crop top and grey skinny jeans. I grabbed an off-white cardigan, slipped on some TOMS, then ran to class with my bag.

When I got there, people were piling in and taking seats. There was also going to be a lecture.

I sat down and took out my notebook. Professor Lyons walked in too and set up his projector for the power point. I saw Alex walk in and he saw me to. Immediately, he sat next to me. "Hey..." he said, smirking.

"Hi." I said, starting to blush already.

"Are you stalking me?" he joked. I shook my head and chuckled.

"No... but you may be." I replied back. He laughed and little and shook his head. "So... I guess there's a lecture today. You excited?"

"For a lecture? No. For writing, of course."

"Really? What are you majoring in?" I asked.

"Journalism." my eyes widened an I smiled.

"No way, me too! I want to write for the New York Times in the foreign affairs column-"

"Well that will never happen if you interrupt my class, get bad grades, and fail out of college, now will it, Miss. Williams?" my Professor asked, angry, like always.

"No sir, it won't."

"Than I advise you to stop talking to that boy and pay attention." he turned around and started talking about the book, Of Mice and Men. I've read it before, a beautiful book, that can actually bring me to tears. I wish Lennie didn't die.

I took notes throughout the class, though, and when it was over, I packed up. People were leaving and Alex stopped me. "I'm sorry I got you in trouble. I didn't mean it."

"It's fine. I like where our conversation was going." I replied, picking up my bag.

"Well... do you have a class after this one?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No, why?"

"Maybe I could make it up to you and treat you to coffee?" I smiled and nodded.

"That sounds nice."

"Shall we?" he asked in a British accent, and linking his arm.

"We shall." I replied and linked my arm with his. We laughed then walked to my favorite coffee shop Hailey's Place. It was a comfy place with nice slow and relaxing music.

We walked to the counter. "Hello." said the cashier with a smile. She was exceptionally pretty with an unforgettable smile. "Your order?"

"May I know what the special is?" he asked, slightly flirtatiously.

"Yes, it's a Greek wrap, with grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, lemon juice, fresh oregano, olive oil, ground red pepper, rotisserie chicken, cucumbers, plain hummus, and whole-wheat flour tortillas." she said, blushing. "And you miss?"

"The same thing please." I replied.

"No drink? Remember, this is on me so take advantage of it." Alex said, smirking.

"No, it's ok-"

"I insist. What do you like?"

"I don't know.... Didn't we come for coffee?" I said, beginning to blush. He nodded and ordered two coffees. He paid the cashier, her sending a wink to him, then we sat at a free table. I smirked at him but he seemed confused.

"What?"

"She's into you. I caught that wink." I wiggled my eyebrows but he just chuckled. "What?"

"I don't know... She doesn't seem my type." he replied, now looking down, slightly.

"Ok... what is your type?" I asked, twiddling my fingers.

"I don't know... I like a girl who is sporty, fun, kind, speaks her mind, is open minded, has a good sense of humor.... and is classic." he replied, smiling toward the end.

"You are such a cheese-ball!" we both started laughing and continued talking. After about 10 minutes, our food was ready and he stood up to get it. I noticed a phone number under his plate and got slightly upset. I couldn't show it, of course, that'd just ruin it. "She gave you her number." He looked down and nodded.

"Huh... that's cool. I still don't think she's my type-"

"Yet. She could be all of those things." I offered. He shrugged and we continued to talk. Mainly about books and how amazing the food is.

He walked me back to my dorm. We walked in silence but it was a nice and calm one. There was no tension and it was relaxed.

We arrived at my door and he looked down at my hands. "So... I'll see you later.... right?" he asked, hopeful.

"Definitely. Maybe we can hang out later this week. And not because you got me in trouble." we laughed a little and he nodded.

"Definitely." right before I turned to open my door, he kissed my cheek softly, and waved goodbye. I could feel my cheeks turn scarlet but waved back.

He's not Cameron. Don't fall for him.

I walked into my dorm, placed my keys on my dresser, and plopped on my bed. Wow.