5. Monster, How Should I Feel?

Start from the beginning

Rika sighed. "I'll give you 50 dollars."

Your eyes widened. You smirked. "100."

Rika groaned. "75."

"100."

"85."

"100."

"95."

"100. Take it or leave it." You said.

Rika groaned again. "You are so stubborn!"

You laughed. "I know."

"Fine! Here." Rika said, giving you 100 dollars.

You took the 100 dollars and smiled. "Thank you." You said, grabbing your guitar from behind the couch.

"So, what's the song called?" Rika asked.

You smirked. "Monster." You said as you started singing

His little whispers,
"Love me, love me
That's all I ask for
Love me, love me."
He battered his shiny fists to feel something
Wondered what it's like to touch and feel something

Monster,
How should I feel?
Creatures lie here
Looking through the window

That night he caged her
Bruised and broke her
He struggled closer
Then he stole her
Violet wrists and then her ankles
Silent pain
Then he slowly saw their nightmares were his dreams

Monster,
How should I feel?
Creatures lie here
Looking through the windows
Time will
Hear their voices
I'm a glass child,
I am Hannah's regrets

Monster,
How should I feel?
Turn the sheets down
Murder ears with pillow lace
There's bath tubs
Full of glow flies
Bathe in kerosene
Their words tattooed in his veins, yeah!

Rika looked  startled and everyone seemed a bit frightened once you were done singing the song. You raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Jeez, you are one scary girl." Rika said.

"I think I'm gonna have nightmares." Maou said, curling into a ball. Meanwhile, Ashiya was hiding behind the couch and Urushihara was violently shaking.

This caused Emi to faceplam. "Wimps."

"Why... did you even make that song?" Rika asked.

You shrugged. "I have dark thoughts sometimes. And I like scary stuff, ya know?"

"Wait so... is there anything that scares you?" Rika asked.

You sighed. "There is one thing." You hesitated a bit before speaking.

"I-I'm scared of... being alone." You said. "When I was little, my mom and dad left me, so I just kinda had to live on the streets. It wasn't all a loss though. I used to sing on the streets and people would give me money. That's how I had enough money to at least stay alive. And when I got older, I was able to buy a guitar and a small apartment. But after that, I didn't have enough money to pay for the next month so they kicked me out. That's when I met Rika, and she took me in as her roommate."

Everyone looked at you with sad eyes. You chuckled a bit. "Back then, the monsters were my only friends. I used to hear voices, and I would talk back to them. They were friendly though. I'm not sure if it was just my kid imagination or I was insane or what. I just needed a friend to stay happy." You said, pulling your hand through your hair.

"Ok, well, I think it's time we all get some rest. Everyone go on. I'll be in my room if you need me." Rika said, leaving with Emi following her.

"Alright. Urushihara, come on. I'll show you my room." You said. You walked down the hall to your room while Urushihara followed you.