ten

"What?" He looked into my eyes and I shrugged. I leant back and hugged my knees to my chest.

"Shit. Alright. We can... Oh fuck. Do you wanna keep it?" He asked softly. I glared at him, my eyes welling up.

"Do I wanna keep it? Do I wanna fucking keep it? Fuck you." I looked away and he sighed.

"Look I'm sorry, I've just never been in this position before." He took a deep breath out. "How do you know?"

"I don't. I missed my period, I've been non stop sick, and I'm going to the doctors tomorrow." I shrugged.

"Fuck that. We're going now." A few hours later, it was official. I was pregnant. As we exited the hospital and went to the car, I made a break for it. I ran away from Leo and away from everything.

"Becky!" He yelled after me. Scaling a fence, I ran into the city.

I'm not sure what happened, but a day later I woke up in some sloppy drug den. My arm was aching, presumably from heroin. I reached into my pocket and pressed a finger to my right nostril, pushing it down as I relieved some more pain. Cocaine. It wasn't as relieving as heroin, but it would do for now. As I came down, I grabbed my jacket and made my way out with the hood up. My hand made it's way to my stomach and I cursed. Stumbling forward, I went into a phone box. Pushing a quarter in, I dialled Leo's number.

"Hello?" A panicked voice answered. Sniffing, I wiped the underneath of my nose.

"It's Becky," I said nasally.

"Shit, Becky, where are you?" I have him the address and he arrived as quickly as possible.

"What the fuck is that?" He asked as he pointed to the mark on my arm. I tilted my head jerkily and smiled at him. "It better not be what I think it is."

I laughed before turning to vomit. "I'd like to go home now." I said as he stared.

"No. We're going to the doctors." He took my arm and led me to the car. A few tests later, everything was OK. The baby had survived my stupid habits.

"You're very lucky, Becky. But I can't promise that the next time. Or the time after. So for your own good, maybe you should stay at home for the next few months. Even if it's your first time with drugs, you might feel the need to do it again." Of course, Leo took that advice very literally. For the next few months, he had decided to lock me inside the house, just in case.

"You know what? Fuck you. If I'm old enough to have a baby, I'm old enough to control myself." I told him as we drove home.

"Clearly not, Becky! One thing doesn't go your way and you're on the run, staying in some drug den whilst carrying my- our baby!" He yelled back. I stayed silent and sat back. He sighed. "Look Becky, I don't wanna lose this baby. And we will if you do this again."