six

I sat in the waiting room wearing some borrowed clothes. I'd given a nurse Leo's address so he could go and get him for me. I needed him to tell me it would be OK. He'd gone to get me food and clothes before picking me up. My mom was coming back from the shop in five minutes, maybe less, and the tension was running high. I was shaking, and every time I heard the door swing open I hoped to god it would be Leo and not my mom. After what felt like an eternity, he walked in and ran to me. I slowly got up and grabbed my crutches, managing to give him a hug.

"Jesus. I'm so fucking sorry, Becky." He put a hand on his forehead before helping me out of the hospital. I saw my mom and Pete enter and stare at me.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" My mom spat at me. I gripped the handle of my crutch, prepared to hit them if they came at me. "I told you, Pete's not finished."

"You wanna lie about rape? Let's see how you feel after it actually happens." Pete hissed as he reached for my arm. Leo pushed in front of me and hit him in the face. Pete was a fat man, and it didn't really do much but surprise him and my mom that I was with Leonardo DiCaprio. We left the building and Leo drove me back to his apartment. Paparazzi were ready and waiting, photographing Leo and I as we stepped out the car and went inside. We paid no attention, though.  A few hours later, two police officers arrived for a statement.

"Well... They asked me if I was the girl on the magazine. I said yes, because they seemed sweet. I walked away, and they must've followed me. I got tripped up, and I wasn't expecting it, so they just attacked. One of them was kicking my head, another stamping on my leg, one was punching my stomach, just... All going for it. Then they left. I couldn't get up or shout for help. I don't know what happened after that." I finished. The two police officers sat opposite me, writing it down as I held Leo's hand.

"We'll be in touch." The female officer said as the two exited.

"You tired?" He asked, yawning. I nodded and ran a hand through his hair. He smiled and I leant forward to kiss him. We cuddled up in bed and fell asleep watching a movie. Then it hit me. It hit me like a bolt of lightning crashing down, like a wave hitting rocks harshly.

I was in love with Leonardo DiCaprio.