Chapter 32 : Karashi Hatake

Start from the beginning

"Shut up and leave." Ara snapped in a sync with Kakashi, which resulted in Guy running away from them, screaming about how unyouthful Hatakes are.

*/*\*/*\*

It has been hours since the exam started. Asuma and Kurenai are still chūnin. Guy become jounin.

"... I'm so bored."

"The feelings' mutual." Kakashi calmly replied, "My instinct said this is going to be over soon."

"And now, our last match!" Shikaku announced, his face showed interest and excitement.

Ara narrowed her eyes. "Aniki, we both haven't got our turn."

"I have my suspicion. Seems like we're going to..."

"Karasu Hatake vs Kakashi Hatake!"

"...fight each other. Great..." Ara said sarcastically, as she stood up, and put her book in her pocket, Kakashi doing the same.

"This is crazy."

"No. This is insanity." Ara corrected.

"Wanna beat up that Namikaze later?" Kakashi offered, taking a glance at Minato, who gulped under the Hatakes' glares.

"Sounds good for me." Ara answered, as she jumped onto the arena, landing swiftly on her feet.

"Let's get this over already."

"Couldn't agree more, imouto." Kakashi grumbled, following his sister.

*/*\*/*\*

"Who do you think will win, eh, Weasel?" Hana asked the Uchiha heir, who is sitting next to her.

Itachi shrugged. "I don't know."

"Sh*t, the world's ending. The great Itachi Uchiha doesn't know something."

"Shut up, Inuzuka."

Minato mentally grinned. Why did he chose the Hatake siblings to fight each other? He is merely curious.

Murmurs were heard all through the building. Many people wonders why the 2 participants have a same last name. And both of them turns out to be brother and sister.

*/*\*/*\*

"Don't hold back, imouto." Kakashi said, unsheathing his katana.

"You'd better do the same, Aniki." Ara replied, pulling out her large sword. Much to everyone's shock, the black sword morphed into a long-hilted axe.

The two Hatakes ran towards each other. Kakashi swung his katana with an incredible speed, barely missing the white strands that covered Ara's left ear. Ara's eyes widened. In reflects, she raised her axe, and almost hit Kakashi's chest, had he was one second late to block the giant blade with his katana.

They jumped away from each other, and Kakashi reached out for his weapon pouch, pulling out a smoke bomb, and throw it at his opponent. Smokes covered the whole arena, causing the spectators to narrow their eyes in curiosity, as a few members from the Uchihas and the Hyūgas activated their doujutsu. The sound of the two blades clashing on each other managed to fill the air change with suspense.

When the smoke cleared, Ara was pinning her brother onto the ground, holding a kunai at the top of his chest. But the fight was far from over. Kakashi had his katana right beside Ara's bare neck.

Then Ara disappeared.

Kakashi narrowed his eyes. He kicked himself off the ground, and pulled up his headband, revealing his sharingan. The scarlet orb was spinning furiously, scanning the whole area. Seeing that his attempt had no avail, the Hatake closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, sheathing his katana.