"Hey, Li," Louis' bored voice comes through the phone.

"Well you sound excited to talk to me," I chuckled.

"It's been a long day," he sighed. "Not trying to sound rude, but why are you calling me? You never call me at work."

"I got a promotion."

"What?! Li, that's great! Congrats!"

"Thanks," I smiled to him, even though he couldn't see me.

"We have to go out to dinner tonight. Celebratory dinner," Louis insists.

"You and I both know that you don't have the money to do that."

"Kyle will pay. Oh, he's been trying to get me to get you go double date with us and on of his co-workers."

"Louis," I said in a warning voice.

"I know, I know, Mr. I-don't-want-a-relationship. But Kyle won't leave me alone about it."

"No."

"Just once?"

"No."

"Please Li!"

"Fine," I groan against my better judgement.

"Yay! I owe you one, buddy," his tone had turned excited now. "Gotta go! We'll pick you up at seven!"

"But Lou-"

"Bye, Li! Love you!" He shouted as I heard a click of the phone being hung up.

"Love you, too," I muttered to myself as I put my phone on the desk.

I placed my head in my hands and let out a sigh. I looked around my new office and wondered if I would like my job a little more with this promotion. I heard a knock on the door and a man walked in with a stack of papers. I raised an eyebrow at him and he smiled to me.

"Congrats on the promotion, Mr. Payne. Good luck," the man said as he exited the room.

Judging by the stack of papers he had brought in, I would probably need it.

The rest of the day was completely exhausting and boring. I finally finished the stack of papers and was sluggishly walking through the nearly empty office when I got a phone call. I didn't even check the collar I.D. before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Liam! Where are you at?" Louis' perky voice asked through the phone.

"I'm just getting out of the office. Is it seven already?"

"Nearly! Hurry up and get home!" Louis quickly hung up before I could reply.

I rolled my eyes but did hurry home to change. I didn't really want to go on this double date but Louis was my best mate and he had been bugging me about going out for quite sometime. I showered and pulled a shirt over my head as Louis walked through my door.

"Let's go! We're running behind as it is!" He shouted as he busted through my bedroom door. He glanced at me with a look of disapprove, "you're wearing that?"

I looked down to my attire of jeans and a t-shirt, "what's wrong with this?"

"You look like a bum," Louis quickly remarked. "C'mon, we're running late anyway."

I frowned as I tugged on my shoes and followed Louis out to the car.

"Hi, Liam!" Kyle said, happily as I climbed into the back of the small car.

"Hi, Kyle."

The three of them drove to the restaurant with minor talking. Kyle tried to hold Louis' hand a few times but Louis refused, twisting his hand away as he basically pressed himself against the door to avoid touching Kyle. By the time we had reached the restaurant, Kyle had both hands tightly wrapped around the steering wheel. The second Kyle put the car in park, Louis was out the door and was headed for the restaurant. I quickly hurried after him to find him talking to a man with messy brown hair and deep blue eyes. I hesitantly walked over and stood by Louis.