Chapter 1 Returing✔️

Spencer Hasting and Toby Cavanuagh were the best of friends ever since Spencer tutored Toby that one day. Toby has always thought of them as maybe more yes, but he was also very.. afraid and Spencer has a boyfriend.
Right now the pair were just sitting in a comfortable silence on Tobys bed studying for there English exam.

Spencer's POV:
"Spence?"
"Hello earth to spencer?!"
"Oh what" I stumbled as Toby interrupted my brooding thoughts.
"What's the definition?!" Toby questioned as he looked at me with his blue beaming eyes and waited for my response.
"I don't know!" I said — Im not sure what he just said I was just too stressed to study I can't stop thinking about what Kendall told me, she said she witnessed my boyfriend, Alex had lip-locking with another girl.

"Wow the perfect spencer Hastings doesn't know the definition?"
I tilted my head giving him an annoyed look and decided to wipe his sarcastic remark away.
"Perfect?" I questioned raising my left brow.
Toby blushed and got flustered as I changed the subject on him about calling me 'perfect.'
"I mean— your all smart and stuff"
Me and Toby are the best of friends but sometimes I wish we were more you know— sometimes I feel like Toby might feel the same way and other times I can never read on what the confusing boy is feeling.

"Well I may be smart Toby Cavanaugh but perfect sure doesn't fit any words to describe me" I said biting my lip remembering the thought of Alex maybe cheating on me and probably how I'm not good enough for the boy.
"Well sure it does!" he said giving me a reassuring smile.
I looked up at Toby and gave him a light smile- almost chuckling.

"I mean uh your spencer Hastings your Beautiful , nice, smart have a perfect boyfriend and other things."
I blushed a light pink and tucked my hair behind my ear.
"Well my boyfriend isn't so perfect" I said stupidly not thinking about my choice of words.

Toby looked up at me with those beautiful, confused blue eyes.
"What do you mean—"
"Never mind" I said stressing about the subject wanting to forget about the while thing.
"Spence.."
"I'm tired! I'll see you at school tomorrow" I felt bad ditching him but I couldn't have Toby attack me with anymore questions it was my fault for bringing it up I know but I wasn't really in the mood for a lecture.

"Spencer your parents are out of town for work and you are staying here in the guest room remember? This gives you the time to explain. No excuses."
My family and Toby's family is very close
so sadly I couldn't get out of this too easily considering I'm staying with the boy.
Damn..
"Right!"
Toby chuckled to his self shaking his head slightly.
"Fine but don't consider this a free pass Spencer I do demand to know what happened tomorrow."
"Thanks" Is all i said and I walked out.

I had so much anxiety about this Alex thing I couldn't take it.
I go into the bathroom and
I stare in the mirror as a tear drops into the sink but I quickly wipe it away.
I breathe in and out and force a smile.
"Smile Spencer you are beautiful. Independent. Strong."

I cupped my hand under the water of the sink and splash my face.
I wipe my face with a towel and walked out Toby probably saw my light cheeks and slightly smudged mascara, but did I care? I just wanted to sleep.

Next day at school...
Someone taps me on the shoulder...
I turn around, "Emily hey!"
Emily's back finally from Texas. Finally. I truly missed my best friend. I gave her a bright smile i'm happy to finally have one of my best friends back.
"Welcome back cow-girl."

———
currently editing this horrible book