FTNCT |Chapter 15|

Start from the beginning

"We didn't check everywhere. There was one place that we forgot."

I was even more confused. We had check almost everywhere in the school. She couldn't be talking about opening every class because that would take a long time.

"We didn't check the haunted hallway in the basement." She replied.

The hallway in the basement wasn't really haunted but it was dark and gloomy there. There was a broken light which was the only source of light and nobody bothered to fix it because nobody went there. Since it was below the boy's bathroom you could hear racket and noises which spooked many people out. There was also very chilly and a place we would never find Sophia. She hated dark places.

I shook my head at Scarlett. "She's not going to be there. She hates places like those. That is the least likely place we are to find her."

Scarlett cocked her eyebrows. "Exactly, it's the least expected place to be found." She dragged my arms and me down the stairs. "We'll just check quickly and then we can go back to class."

The protest that was in my mouth was swallowed my Scarlett's gaze. Sighing I followed her back. As we entered the basement a chill went up my spine. It was like the North Pole and it seemed that the school wasn't really fond of providing heating to the lower floors. Our footsteps made echoing sounds making be believe that we were truly the only people in the hallway. I was proven to be wrong when we made it at the end of the haunted hallway. My jaws seemed frozen in shock and it seemed like I wasn't the only one thinking like that.

In the light you could see Dillon leaning against the wall with his legs wide open. Sophia was in between them with her back resting on Dillon's chest. He was running his fingers along Sophia's arm and it seemed that she was enjoying it immensely.

Scarlett got ready to open her mouth but I covered my hands over it and dragged her away from the 'couple.' Her eyes were wide open as she burst open her mouth. "Did you see what I saw?"

I nodded my head. "I certainly did. I can't believe the nerve of that girl!"

I wasn't mad that she had kept it a secret. I was just hurt that she didn't trust us enough to let us know what was going on in her life. We were like sisters, and it was really painful to find out something like this.

"What I'm more curious about is if she's going behind her parents back," Scarlett muttered as we climbed the stairs. "Remember the whole situation with Devan?"

"How could I forget?" I retorted sarcastically. "After all, it was a life changing moment."

"So what do we do now?" Scarlett asked. We had almost reached my chemistry class. "Confront her?"

I grinned evilly at her. I rarely got that look but Sophia keeping a secret had rubbed me the wrong way. "We grill her until she tells us and ignore everything else she says."

Scarlett mirrored my grin and gave me a quick hug. "Seems like a plan."

----------------------

"Do you guys want to come over to my house to study for the physics test?" Sophia asked her.

I simply glance at her. How could she be so calm in this situation and lie to my face? Oh wait, it was because she thought she was safe. She was so wrong.

"I'm busy."

"Me too," Scarlett echoed.

Sophia looked a little taken back. We usually never rejected her help whenever we had to study for something. Sophia had a way for making things more understandable. I was really going to regret this plan tomorrow it would seem so.