Chapter 4 - Blues

On the tiled balcony outside under the privacy pot plants that provided shelter from prying eyes of neighbors, Willis and Arthur sat down in a state of boredom.

"Fuck her, and that neon-blue beast," Willis said, watching Lily talking and laughing inside the apartment with Jahvari and Smoke. 

"What's wrong with you?" Arthur asked, as he peeled a banana.

"Nothing," Willis gritted his teeth as Lily placed her hand on Jahvari's arm flirtatiously laughing, while Smoke created chips for them. The shirtless Jahvari turned around to let Lily feel the spikes on his back.

"The last time you looked like this you punched someone," Arthur said, concerned, but still managing to focus on eating his fruit.

Willis shrugged, "I'm just having withdrawal symptoms is all. What kind of genie is he? Creating chips and cigarettes, how cool," Willis mocked Smoke behind his back. 

            "Yeah, but they're good chips you have to admit," Arthur took a bite of one out of the bowl they were sharing, "You like her don't you?" He asked, adding a handful of chips to his mouth.   

"Don't make me laugh she's pathetic, and stop munching on those damn chips you're driving me nuts," he moved the bowl out of Arthur's reach.  

"Man if you're going to be like that, I'm going to get some green," Arthur stood up angrily; he couldn't take Willis's tantrums anymore today. 

"I can't have any, you know that," Willis said, tucking his chin in, folding his arms and staring out over the street below. 

"We're all back on it. Dude, you are driving everyone insane with your withdrawals," Arthur left Willis alone to ponder in his thoughts, he looked back through the glass sliding door to see Willis digging into the chips straight away and shook his head. 

            "Going to get some herbs," Arthur informed the table as he went by. 

"Nice," Lily said, proud that Arthur was taking initiative. 

Arthur had long been gone when Willis slid the sliding door open and entered the apartment with his head bowed down. He glanced around the living room making sure to avoid eye contact with anyone at the dining table in the kitchen. His unit had become a mess - empty takeaway containers were left on the floor, empty beer cans were on every surface possible, and makeshift ashtrays were spread out across the perimeter.  

The voices stopped as he drew closer to the table, "Oh, continue on. Don't let my presence stop you," Willis said, as he opened the refrigerator door and scanned the contents. Most of which were now going out of date.

"Hello, mister grumpy," Lily said, rolling her eyes as she removed her hand from Jahvari's forearm.

Willis sniffed the bottle of milk and poured some into a clean glass, he took a mouthful and exhaled. "So, what's the big story?"

Jahvari shrugged and took a draw of his cigarette; the alien blew out the smoke, "Just working out how to get hold of my ship and my cousin."

"How are we going to do that? Just stroll into AreaX? And why do we need to get your cousin?"  

            "We're going to break in. Don't worry, you can stay behind and I'm not going to even answer the second part," Jahvari took another draw of the cigarette, Willis's bad spirits had no affect on him. 

"We wouldn't be in such a rush if someone hadn't have told David, where the fucking carpet was. He's the worse person anyone could tell anything too especially something confidential" Lily said, defending Jahvari.